Wholesale Banking Analyst
Rabobank Wholesale Banking North America is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The role includes:
- Supporting senior team members in the day-to-day information flow with clients and third-parties in a transaction execution setting
- Analytical – identify and analyze credit risks in transactions and actively participate in the credit application process including assisting in due diligence, comparable transaction analysis, structural/credit documentation analysis
- Technical/Modelling – learn all aspects of underwriting, approving and closing a transaction including ability to model the business, analyze risk issues and structure a transaction and function independently to contribute to transaction analysis
- Communication – participate in meetings and calls; develop ability to clearly and effectively communicate questions, issues, investment rationale and decisions to all external and internal constituents
- Cooperation – interact and collaborate with Sponsor Coverage, Senior Relationship Bankers, Risk Management, Debt Capital Markets, Corporate Finance and M&A to deliver solutions to clients which are risk-appropriate and profitable
- Other – Coordinate NDA process with internal legal and compliance to enable information sharing; develop/create ad hoc reports and analysis to support coverage bankers and portfolio management; coordinate the onboarding of new clients and assist with maintaining the know-your-customer files for the group
Key Performance Indicators
- Work together, discuss and consult with senior team members to ensure seamless execution of transactions
- Take initiative in finding new and more efficient ways to work
- Support senior team members in the preparation of marketing materials and pitches; be diligent about quality control and attention to detail
- Develop and master analytical skills with a focus on modeling and credit analysis skills
- Participate and contribute to preparation of credit memoranda and leveraged loan underwriting with accuracy and attention to detail
- Contribute to team building efforts
- Take an active role in coaching and training new joiners
- Adhere to compliance regulations (100% compliance)
Job Skills and Knowledge (Essential):
Candidate should be proficient in modelling skills and possess strong analytical and credit skills. This person should have a strong desire to build their knowledge of banking laws and regulations. They should demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn Rabobank policies and procedures. Candidate should have a strong commitment to developing leveraged transaction experience including preparation of credit application and negotiation of documentation.
- 1+ years’ experience (within an investment banking environment is preferred)
- Undergraduate degree with a concentration in finance or related studies
- Strong undergraduate record
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and credit skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Basic financial accounting, strong research skills, attention to detail/work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rabobank, Rabo AgriFinance, and Rabo Diversified Services (“Rabo”) all provide equal employment opportunities for all prospective and current employees.
Rabo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military service or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Consistent with this policy, Rabo recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles and ensure that all personnel actions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to the protected factors listed above. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including application, hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.