IT OPS software engineer
Imagine… your work ensures that merchants get access to the latest payment services for in their shops, on the road or online. The payment industry is rapidly changing: online shopping and in store shopping get more and more interwoven. Consumers want to pay the way they like best and as a merchant you want to stay ahead and offer them the easiest and most convenient ways to pay. Rabo OmniKassa (ROK) offers this flexibility already to 100.000 + merchants.
With ROK we offer an attractive Payment Service Provider platform, combining the strengths of innovative parties and established institutions such as Rabobank. This speeds up the change to an attractive PSP platform and ultimately allows us to better serve merchants and live up to their expectations.
You can be part of building new PSP propositions, enabling the best innovative solutions and services for our customers! You can make the difference by being part of the DevOps teams within our tribe as a Software Operations Engineer.
Creating an impact
Imagine working in a team where fun is as important as customer satisfaction, where together we build and maintain reliable, high quality software. Our Tribe, B2B Services, works with various DevOps (Squads) teams: they are the foundation of our IT organization. They work autonomously and are self-organizing.
As a Software Operations Engineer you work together with other operations engineers, developers and our product owners to build features and harden the Rabo OmniKassa for future growth. You ensure the setup of the software and cloud components comply with architectural and security guidelines and is easy to maintain and monitor.
As part of the team you ensure a smooth daily operations or when needed a quick intervention to solve operational issues. These applications run in Rabobank’s Azure cloud environment. Some applications still run in Rabobanks on prem datacentres but will be moved to the cloud in the next 12-18 months.
Next to this you share the responsibility from the very first ideas to the creation, maintenance and monitoring of it: you build it, you run it.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. In a DevOps team we have all the skills needed to build and run innovative solutions for our merchants. To do so we foster an environment where you:
- Have freedom to experiment and learn
- Help each other to reach the next level
- Deliver excellent solutions to make our customers happy
- Have fun in your daily work
You will be assigned to 1 of the devops teams but will also work in close cooperations with your colleague operation engineers to maintain the complete ROK platform and will participate in the 24/7 standby schedule.
You value integrity, openness and a customer focus. You embrace change and go for the extra mile and have you colleagues back. Furthermore, you recognize yourself in the checklist below:
- 6+ years or more working experience as an software operations engineer in complex IT landscape: On Prem and in the cloud, MS Azure or AWS;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in eg computer sciences;
- Fluent in English;
- An operations engineer in heart and mind, thoroughly enjoying it and happy to share.
- Take full responsibility for the structural quality of the cloud infrastructures with very high performance, availability and security requirements.
- Continuous improvement is your basic mindset, which is strongly focused on automating work in and around the team.
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Highly experienced in Linux, Apache HTTP, Websphere v 8.5.5 (and higher)
- Experienced in Azure Cloud ,- Portal, - Monitoring and Azure DevOps.
- Experienced in Deployment automation and orchestration (Azure Devops)
- Experienced in Security; Certificate Mngt, Azure Networking (VPN, NSG’s)
- Experienced in Network infrastructure (e.g. SSL-connectivity, TCP/IP, Firewalls, DNS)
- Experienced with dbases (Oracle, Postgress, SQL Server)
- Familiar with monitoring tools like ELK stack, Splunk, Azure Log Analytics (nice to have knowledge on APM tools like Dynatrace, Elastic APM)
- Familiar with automating cloud Infra via Templates and scripting, preferably Terraform or any other Infrastructure as Code is a pre.
- Basic coding skills using scripting languages on both Linux and Windows (e.g. Bash, Powershell)
- Experienced with Scrum/Agile way of working
- Very much aware of the developments in your profession and field of expertise, continuously seeking how to bring them to effective use in the organization.
- A partner for solutions architects, business and IT management in shaping the future.
- A trusted mentor for colleagues, with an open mind and a keen eye for what is needed, bringing the best out of each other and creating great teams.
- Experience in or affinity with Finance and the payment sector in particular;
You probably knew already that, Rabobank is a financial service provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. Do you also know that we are working together for a better world? We do this in several ways. Recent years, we have undertaken the following:
- We find it important that everyone in the Netherlands has a financially healthy life. Within our products and services, we also provide financial insights, so that we help our customers and clients to get a better grip on their finances.
- We invest heavily in Dutch associations. We support around 1250 organizations in sports and culture that results in a second home for many people.
- Together with Vluchtelingenwerk Nederland we help 1500 refugees to find a suitable job.
Do you want this too?
Do you want to become the best version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by supporting your development and investing in an environment where you continue to grow. We give you the space to innovate and do business. In this way we offer you plenty of personal development opportunities and help you exceed your expectations and to become extraordinarily good at what you do, so that you can grow as a professional. On top of this you can count on us:
- A gross monthly salary depends on experience, between € 3.808,- and € 5437,- based on 36-hours a week. (schaal 9 - depending on experience and leadership capabilities)
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay
- An Employee Benefit Budget (10 or 11% of your monthly income). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout.
- 100 % reimbursement of the costs of home/work travel if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a home/work travel allowance.
- A pension scheme where you contribute only 3,5%
- Contributing to a better world
Are you the person we’re looking for?
Will you be our new colleague who will strengthen Rabobank as a Business Analist with technical and analytic skills and thus make the difference for yourself, our customers and society?
If you are, we are happy to receive your application on this vacancy in Utrecht. Good to know:
- Frank Simons, IT Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Frank.firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application process includes obligatory screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff matches the high standards we pursue to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual code assessment.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
#LI-Onsite #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote