Imagine that you are the linking pin between global business partners and IT. You will be gathering and translating business requirements to technical requirements in order to deliver the best information product made by the BI developers. Furthermore, you get to do that in a dynamic and international environment.
You and your job
You will get a responsibility with impact, one you will shape as BI Translator, or also referred to as Information Analyst through the realisation of crucial information products. Your position finds itself in an environment which helps to create insights into all the spearpoints of the bank such as digitalisation, KYC (Know your Customer), and delivering accessibility for both the central bank and local banks. All these responsibilities contribute to the decision-making process up to the highest level in the bank.
With the KYC teams in the Business Intelligence area we deliver management information in regards to anti-money laundering and terrorism financing. Therefore we help reducing criminal activities and can be regarded as the gatekeepers of the financial system. Each KYC team consists of about 8 colleagues and is a mix of analysts and developers. All teams are very collegial and results driven!
- Development of an application which provides KYC analysts of the correct customer data to do their analysis
- Using Power BI to provide business insights in possible compliancy risks
- Building a custom web application which checks feasibility of proposed large commodity financing deals
Facts & Figures
- International & diverse team
- You serve 5000+ colleagues with KYC information
- 7.1 million customers in 40 countries
- 43,822 Rabobank colleagues around the world
Top 3 responsibilities
- Based on requests coming from the business work together with them to define clear requirements and translate these to technical requirements
- Analysing (the impact of) new information products and translating this into technical solutions and to a team of developers
- Coordinating team projects and work out together what kind of functional requirements and business rules are needed for the business
Together we achieve more than alone
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. The team brings diverse and talented people together to perform the best they can.
"What's interesting about my position as BI translator is the variety. One moment you're sparring with the developer about a technical solution, the next you're thinking with the business partners about solutions we can offer from BI. In between, you're also designing a dashboard which you present the next day; it's never boring as a BI translator."
Ferry, BI Translator
You will be part of a very dynamic and international team including highly motivated team members.
The 75+ people in Business Intelligence are dedicated to making the bank more data-driven by delivering solid insights and self-service BI solutions. Cooperation is our way of working; as 1 driven and data-minded team within Rabobank. Talking about Rabobank: we are a Dutch bank, active in 38 countries for our 9.500.000+ customers. With these clients, our members and partners, we work side by side towards a world in which everyone has enough, healthy food. Closer to home, we are working towards a country in which happy people live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- Bachelor or master’s degree
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Power BI, Devops, Agile, Scrum
- Extensive Azure and SQL knowledge
- Good networking and communication skills.
- Able to understand business needs and IT possibilities.
- Knows the needs of both business and IT
This is what we offer you
- Up to €5400 gross per month based on 36 hour work week (scale 9), depending on your experience
- an extra budget of 11% of your gross salary to be used at your discretion. Buy extra holiday hours, add more to your pension savings or ask for part of the extra budget to be paid out.
- Thirteenth month's salary and 8% holiday allowance
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport or car
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
This is a selection of the terms of employment for a BI Translator based on a 36-hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment.
You and the job application process
Reply to the vacancy for BI Translator:
- Any questions about working at Rabobank and the process? Eloi Burke, Senior Recruiter via Eloi.firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will hold the interviews through a video call.
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on Frequently asked questions - Careers at Rabobank
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy.