Young Professional Program in Risk Management
Review Your Opportunities
When the world is your oyster, there is no limit to what you can achieve. For graduates with in-depth knowledge of their field who are service oriented, have a strong cooperative ability and take a smart approach to complex problems, anything is possible. Choosing the right career path is the real challenge. So come to Rabobank! Our Young Professional Program in Risk Management is designed to help you climb to the top of your field. Rabobank is a bank that feels responsible for its clients and for our society. And it is an employer that offers employees a chance to make a difference their way, and to be the best they can be.
Risk Management is all about a healthy balance between risk and return. As an innovative game-changer, your new ideas help you, a Young Professional, to contribute to shaping our policy. You'll instantly be given responsibility. You'll share it with other professionals like credit analysts, IT and data specialists and members of the Compliance, Legal and Risk Management team. If details and precision are more your thing, our financial models department or stress test departments may appeal to you more. With 4 rotations in different risk management departments you''ll see firsthand how risk is managed and you will even get the chance to travel abroad. Risk management is high on the international agenda too.
Reset Your Thinking
A positive view of the banking sector is relatively rare, so maybe you haven't even considered working for a bank. But it's worth considering that Rabobank could be a place where you can have an impact and start making the world a better place from your first day on the job. If you're considering Rabobank, you probably already know that we provide financial services to more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But you may not realize how seriously we take our social responsibility. In at least 101 ways. Here are a few concrete examples:
- We are working with the Dutch Council for Refugees to find suitable jobs for 1,500 refugees.
- An agreement under the UN World Food Programme now ensures that more agricultural products are being purchased from smallholders in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We want to expand this platform to include 1.5 million farmers in 25 countries by 2030.
Surprised? Don't be. It's Rabobank.
Rethink Where Your Career Starts
Rabobank encourages employees to be the best they can be. Our Young Professional Program Risk Management provides an opportunity to become an expert in Risk Management at Rabobank in 18 months. There are 3 places for young professionals in this program. A buddy system provides trainees help in finding their way around the bank. Trainees also receive coaching from a talent manager and guidance from their own mentor.
In just 18 months, trainees learn the fine points of Rabobank's risk management inside and out. Job rotation within the program provides a broad view of Risk Management. Participants will specialize in the area that fits best with their ambitions and wishes. In addition to regular work, Young Professionals work on projects and personal development. Participating in social and networking activities with other Young Professionals also helps prepare participants for the next step of their career.
Koen Vonk, Young Professional, currently in Risk Management Wholesale Rural and Retail: “In the Risk Management Young Professional Program I’ve learned that if you dare to take initiative and challenge yourself and the bank, anything is possible at Rabobank. I’ve seen our business from London to New York and worked with our regulators and biggest clients. The program has offered me a unique opportunity to start my career.”
Rebecca Gatto, Young Professional, currently in the Regulatory oversight team: “The Risk Management Young Professional Program has allowed me to get to know the bank and build my network in a way that I could never have done in a regular starter’s position. It has literally taken me to the other side of the world and challenged my understanding of our global business.”
Respond to New Opportunities
Does this sound like an opportunity you don't want to miss? Your talents and your personality make you unique. They'd be a great fit for Rabobank. Especially if you're skilled at giving critical advice, are tenacious, focused, and have the enthusiasm needed to do your best in any situation. The following prerequisites are also important:
- a master's degree in (quantitative) finance, economics or a similar subject;
- approx. 0 to 2 years of work experience;
- an excellent command of the English language.
Apply now for the Young Professional Program Risk Management and start making our team stronger as soon as April 1st!
Receive the Best
Do you want to be the best you can be? We want to help you achieve that by focusing on your development and investing in an environment where people are always learning. Our employees receive plenty of room for innovation and taking initiative. Rabobank provides Young Professionals countless opportunities for growth and encourages employees to exceed their own expectations and to do the right thing extraordinarily well. In addition, Rabobank offers the following employment conditions (based on a 40-hour week):
- a gross monthly salary of € 3,497.-;
- a 13th month's salary and vacation pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (8% of your monthly salary). Employees may use this budget at their own discretion. For example, the EBB can be used to buy extra vacation days or to make an additional deposit in your retirement fund. Employees can also opt to have the EBB paid out to them as part of their monthly salary.
- In short, the EBB is a personal budget that can be used to pay for activities that benefit your personal development and career;
- 100% reimbursement of home-work commute by public transportation! Still prefer to travel by car or motorcycle? Opt for our commuter's allowance instead;
- a retirement plan with just a 5% employee contribution.
Are you the candidate we are looking for? That new colleague who wants to make Rabobank stronger as a Young Professional? Do you want to make a difference in your own life, the lives of our customers and society? If so, we look forward to receiving your application for this position in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Applications will be received until 31 December 2019. Act now by clicking the "Apply Now" button. Please upload your cv and motivation letter in the “My Experience” screen under the “CV/Resume” section that follows.
- After cv selection the selection procedure consists of an assessment, an interview and a final selection day. The selection days will take place on: 17 December and 14 January.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Ewout Kerssens on +31 (0) 6 22693719 or via Ewout.Kerssens@rabobank.nl.
- Linda van Gogh, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via + 31 (0) 6 20536111 or via Linda.van.Gogh@rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes a screening procedure. This procedure is based on the same screening procedure Rabobank uses to assess new employees' reliability and to determine whether they can be assigned employment duties.
- Rabobank takes privacy very seriously. If you'd like to learn more about how we manage privacy, click this link.
- Everybody is different and it's these differences that help us to be a better bank. That's why we want to learn more about you!