Wholesale Operations Officer
Job Overview & Purpose:
RANZG Wholesale Operations consists of 2 business support functions for Wholesale Clients and Products primarily Financial Markets Services (FMS) and Corporate Banking Services (CBS).
Corporate Banking Services (CBS) is the Operational service department for Wholesale Clients and Products in the areas of Loans, Facilities, Agency Desk, Trade & Commodity Finance and Cash Management.
The Financial Markets Services (FMS) department provides Operational support to the Markets division for the various risk management products offered to the bank’s, Rural and Wholesale clients within Australia and New Zealand. It also provides support to the various trading and funding activities undertaken by the Financial Markets and Treasury functions of the Group.
The purpose of the role is to work within the Wholesale Operations teams and in partnership with the Wholesale division to ensure the relevant products are processed in an accurate and efficient manner whilst maintaining high standards and contributing to a high level of client satisfaction and retention.
The role is diverse and requires a candidate who can work within a dynamic and varied department and is capable of taking on responsibility, thinking outside the box to ensure the bank and team are constantly improving and is not afraid of change. The successful candidate will additionally have a track record of process improvements, working in pressure situations, an ability to show initiative and work effectively in a team environment.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Provide an exemplary standard of operational support and service delivery for the banks Wholesale clients and internal stakeholders.
• Deliver a high standard of accuracy and efficiency for all Corporate Services and Financial Markets transactions.
• Manage & maintain a client portfolio or asset class in team rotation, ensuring the client’s business needs and requirements are met with a high level of service.
• Liaise and assist customers on a regular basis in regards to all aspects of Wholesale Banking products and services.
• Ensure transactions are carried out in accordance with the Bank’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Develop an ongoing dialogue with the Trade and Commodity Finance team, Corporate Lending Relationship Managers, Markets and Treasury divisions and outsourced services providers to ensure any business opportunities are being acted upon.
• Provide feedback to management on processes and procedures to ensure best practices are achieved and to minimise operational risk.
• Cross train across Wholesale Operations teams to ensure peaks are covered across supported products.
• Confirmations dispatching, matching, escalating and reporting.
• Monitoring of system interfaces to ensure transactions have been accurately input or interfaced.
• Investigation, escalation and reporting of the various system and cash reconciliations.
• Assist in Delivering control assurance for key processes to internal stakeholders and regulators as required.
• Ensure a high level of processing accuracy to ensure an InControl environment within the operations area.
• Investigation and resolution of Nostro and transactional reconciliation breaks.
• Ensure local risk management requirements and regulatory requirements are adhered to at all times.
• Other duties as directed.
• Tertiary qualifications preferable but not essential.
• Completion of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) training modules.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Wholesale client focused team
• Sound knowledge of Wholesale Financial products including, Corporate Lending products, Trade and Commodity Finance, Cash Management, Financial Markets and Treasury
• Swift knowledge
• Knowledge of Temenos T24 system.
• Knowledge of CorrRisk
• Knowledge of Eximbills
• Work unsupervised and proactively
• Think outside the square to provide workable solutions for client requirements.
• Ability to manage and deal with multiple stakeholders and deliverables sometimes and with competing priorities.
• Understanding & experience with ICC Rules & Regulations.
• Customer Focus - Engaging the customer in dialogue. Detecting and listing customers' wishes and needs. Responding and anticipating to this, putting customer interest first. Thinking and acting from the customer's perspective. Staying focused on creating added value for the customer (customer value) and improving the service provision.
• Partnership - Contributing to a joint result based on the philosophy of reciprocal value creation. Seeking collaboration and supporting others. Showing commitment to the joint objective and acting accordingly. Sharing information and knowledge with others. Achieving and connecting synergies.
• Deliver Results – Working actively and in a disciplined way towards achieving the agreed results and set goals. Working according to the principles of ‘right first time’ and ‘good is good enough’. Seeking challenges and identifying and creating opportunities to improve results.
• Initiative – Challenging self and others to pursue initiatives and take responsible risks with the objective of improving results. Making decisions and initiating actions based on well-considered risk analysis. Daring to speak up and make choices. Taking responsibility for own decisions and choices.
• Inspire and develop – Personally open to feedback and growth. Foster growth of individuals and teams in order to achieve goals. Transparency, employability and flexibility are major assets.
• Innovate – Innovating on an ongoing basis by introducing original applications and solutions. Thinking up new methods and processes to replace existing ones. Innovating to arrive at a better result.