VP - Senior Relationship Manager
Rabo AgriFinance LLC ("RAF") is a leading financial services provider for agricultural producers across North America. Solely focused on agriculture, RAF is part Rabobank, a global financial services leader offering wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide and one of the world’s largest banks, with over $650 billion in assets. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. With over 40 offices across the U.S., RAF provides clients with knowledgeable local teams and exclusive access to global market research in a variety of sectors, including grains and oilseeds, protein and specialty crops
Identify opportunities in the market, contact new and potential clients and build and maintain relationships with potential and existing clients as well as analyze and assess the profitability and risk of (potentially) new loans (or other products), through full engagement with Salesforce Customer Relations Management (CRM) software, and within Rabo AgriFinance LLC (RAF) policy, CRM procedures, and within risk/credit guidelines, in order to maximize revenue. Coaches junior Relationship Managers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Sales Calling Strategy
- Contribute to the development of lead generation for the own area or client group
- Stay abreast of and analyze the market and the market developments
- Understand the definition and characteristics of the Leading Target Farmer (LTF)
- Focus calling and acquisition efforts on the LTF.
- Analyze and calculate the profitability and risk of selling loans/products to clients using the RAF RM RAROC/Pricing model.
- Assess Profits and Losses and risk associated with each client wallet share, and impact to the RM and Regional loan portfolio, with focus on improving wallet share and risk: reward ratio.
- Negotiate with clients on loan structure
- Move the loan through the Customer Team, in accordance with the Stages of the Sales Process
- Reference and utilize the Team Relationship Excellence (TREx) document and the Stages of the Sales Process as key foundational “learnings”
- Utilize Salesforce as the MAIN tool for work documentation
- Develop, maintain, and expand a network of relevant internal and external relations (e.g., appraisers, attorneys, CPAs, agricultural retailers, product buyers, bankers, title companies, realtors, and educators)
- Document these Center of Influence contacts in the Salesforce CRM.
- Attend farm shows, farm visits, ag-related seminars, local public events, and other ag-related events
- Incorporate Food and Agribusiness Research (FAR) into the customer and prospect relationship and calling efforts
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of client/prospect agriculture industry
- Become a trusted advisor to the customer.
- Act as primary contact with the client
- Set and manage client expectations of timing, process, interactions, and what is needed to move request forward
- Stay abreast of (internal) developments regarding products
- Advise clients, annually, on those financial products (loans)
- Keep track of all products and services other than those in the own area of expertise
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling
- Follow-up on those opportunities
- Define and/or plan and/or manage and/or execute assigned projects in the area of communication or marketing
- Organize and ensure the monitoring of the business, corporate, and external policies and regulations
Coordination and Coaching
- Monitor subordinates to assure complete effective credit analysis and credit structures
- Oversees and coordinates activities for junior colleagues
- Coach more junior Relationship Managers
- Complete all mandatory training
- Comply with code of conduct and Bank policies/ procedures
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies and procedures and report to management immediately
- Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understands and complies with all RAF and Rabobank anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws.
Culture and Values
- Actively and consistently demonstrate the Eight RAF Cultural Practices
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of sensitivity of borrowers’ financial information
- Knowledge (extensive) of diversified production agriculture and livestock enterprises
- Knowledge of loan documentation (including perfection of liens and mortgages on real estate, crops, inventory, machinery, and real property)
- Knowledge (extensive) of all agricultural industry segments in geographical territory
- Knowledge of relevant rules and regulations
- Skilled in customer service
- Skilled in information analysis
- Skilled in business judgment and decision-making
- Skilled in risk analysis and interpretation
- Skilled in sales and marketing techniques
- Skilled in collaborative work/Teamwork
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Skilled in business correspondence
- Skilled in the use of MS Office Suite
- Skilled in time management
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to process information
- Ability to multi-task
People Management Competencies
- Personnel and human resources knowledge
- Management of financial resources skills
- Management of material resources skills
- Management of personnel resources skills
- Time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.