VP - Senior Financial Restructuring Manager
Rabo Diversified Services LLC ("RDS") is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
Within designated company and department policies and authority levels, develop and implement workout strategies on an assigned portfolio of highly complex and larger exposure problem loans. Strategies should be designed to either retain or exit lending relationships depending on the probability of future viability as a client of RAF. Maximize repayment/recovery of loans within economic limits. Insure the loan classification and loan loss provisions of the assigned portfolio accurately reflect the risk of those assets. Ensure that workout strategies are structured within established RAF credit policies, any applicable state or federal laws or bank regulations, and do not place the company at risk from a legal or reputational standpoint.
Responsible for supervision of LFR staff, department projects and portfolio reporting as directed by the Head of Financial Restructuring Rural.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manages the most complex and largest exposure loans assigned to LFR. Assists other LFR Managers with management of similar loans in order to build the effectiveness of all LFR Managers.
- Supervises certain LFR staff as well as department projects, as designated by the Head of LFR.
- Coordinates the reporting requirements of the department and ensures that quality and timeliness of reports and/or responses meet expectations.
- Coaches and counsels colleagues on matters relative to LFR loans and issues.
- Coordinates Legal Review of LFR loan files and works directly with RAF Legal to ensure timely and quality results.
- Coordinates the semi-annual Loan Strategy Reports cycles and ensures that all LSR’s are prepared and presented timely, and that all are imaged to the file.
- Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties within the LFR group.
- Act in an advisory role with RM’s on loans classified OLEM. This LFR Advisor responsibility includes obtaining an understanding of the loan relationship, assessing the issues that caused the classification downgrade, and working with the RM and possibly the customer, to devise and implement a plan that effectively rehabilitates the credit and ultimately results in an upgrade in the classification back to Good.
- Coordinates the loan closing activities of LFR loans. Works directly with Closing and Legal staff to achieve timely and quality results.
- Assists Head of LFR with assignment of loans and LFR Advisors.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate RAF’s Eight Cultural Practices.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have ability to supervise a team of co-workers, as well as daily business activities.
- Ability to effectively evaluate and report portfolio activity.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of RAF policies and procedures, as well as the processes associated with loan underwriting, closing and administration.
- Must have extensive knowledge of production agriculture throughout all RAF marketing regions. Must be well experienced in loan documentation including the perfection of liens on crops, inventory, machinery and real property. Knowledge and previous experience with bankruptcy and other legal issues is necessary. Strong negotiation skills required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to analyze simple to complex financial statements to evaluate the financial stability of an entity or individual.
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standards may exist and critical thinking is needed for effective resolutions. Must be able to establish and build strong working relationships with clients and others may be challenging and difficult to work with.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-10 years agricultural lending and business management experience, or the equivalent of education and experience.
- Proven ability to manage complex problem loans and develop successful workout strategies.
- Travel is required. Must be able and available to conduct site visits and attend meetings, legal proceedings, mediations and other important loan related events. Occasionally this travel is required on short notice and may extend for a period of 5-7 days.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo Diversified Services employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement