VP Rural Operations, Servicing
Rabo Diversified Services LLC ("RDS") is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
The VP of Rural Operations will oversee rural operations teams providing service for a nationwide agricultural portfolio. As the VP Of Rural Operations, you will work closely with the Rural Head of Operations and other Senior Leaders to ensure effective operational strategy execution for the areas reporting to the VP of Rural Operations and Rural Operations as a whole. This is an ideal role for someone with a management background focused on delivering operational excellence, facilitating cross-team collaboration and ensuring alignment of team’s process improvements and results to strategic goals.
The VP of Rural Operations will be responsible for managing multiple managers effectively. Additionally this role will be responsible driving the vision, purpose, and employee engagement. The VP of Operations develops managers, values differences, instills trusts and builds strong relationships cross functionally.
Responsible for the overall supervision of the assigned managers(s) including performance reviews, salary recommendations, and compliance oversight.
The VP of Rural Operations is primarily a manager, leader and quality decision maker. This role will focus on achieving results through others, effective communication including cascading information to managers, and ensuring services provided are delivered within the agreed upon quality and time frames as documented in the SLA’s.
The VP of Rural Operations will work closely within Operations as well as Legal, Deal Team, Compliance, Audit, and the Risk Department to achieve business objectives.
The VP of Rural Operations must have an in-depth knowledge in at least one the following areas: loan origination, loan servicing and lending operations, including but not limited to: knowledge of systems, file management, loan documentation requirements, loan product guidelines, loan closing requirements, BSA/AML regulations, Flood regulations, laws and regulations governing the attachment and perfection of collateral interests in real and personal property. General knowledge of the agricultural industry is necessary. A detailed understanding of internal products, policies and procedures along with the ability to identify risks and solutions to provide client value are essential. The VP Rural Operations must have the ability to understand and various state specific requirements to loan documentation.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Actions are aligned to Rabobank culture commitments
- Emphasize teamwork and collaboration with a strong client focus
- Drive accountability for results yet be supportive and effective at developing individuals to assume greater levels of responsibility and personal contribution
- Establish and maintain performance standards and service goals for each of the reporting functions
- Analyzes team metrics for trends evaluating areas of optimization
- Continuously assess current state of operations and ensure right people in the right roles to meet current and future needs of the organization
- Contribute as a key member of the Rural Operations Leadership team to ensure operational strategy is aligned to the strategy of Rabobank
- Demonstrates an ability to constantly change strategy and support the organization to deal with a fast changing environment
- Solves problems with a significant impact in complex, real-world and constantly changing settings, based on a factual analysis
- Lead, motivate, and coach ensures development of the management and their teams
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with key partners to ensure needs are being incorporated into service enhancements.
- Routinely takes time to reflect on strengths and weaknesses, to improve own and team performance
- Assists Managers in completing tasks as needed. Understands the loan process and associated workflows, including knowledge of various systems assisting in carrying out those processes.
- Manages operational risk in accordance with the Three Lines of Defense risk management model.
- Maintains working knowledge of federal and state laws related to security interests, statutory liens, BSA, AML, flood insurance, and title insurance.
- Prepares recommendation for budget input for business plan needs
- Complete all mandatory training timely
- Comply with code of conduct and Bank policies/ procedures
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies and procedures and report immediately
- Understands and complies with all RAF and Rabobank anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws.
Culture and Values
- Actively and consistently demonstrate Rabobank Culture commitments
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 10+ years commercial or consumer loan operations experience and/or legal experience
- Must possess excellent, people leadership, organizational and time management skills. Must be a self-starter with the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate tactfully with interdepartmental personnel as well as personnel from all areas and departments.
- Must display technical understanding of, UCC ART. 9, mortgages; deed of trusts; title policies and title endorsements; a good understanding of the varied aspects of short-term agricultural credit and general agricultural background.
- Exceptional people leadership skills with experience leading teams high performing teams
- 10-15 years of experience in banking and finance preferably with an Operations focus
- Strong understanding of financial accounting / budgeting principles
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship management skills, with an ability to interact and influence at all functions and levels
- Thorough understanding & experience of laws, regulations, & risk management within the financial services industry including related regulatory standards (U.S. & European financial services) and secured lending.
- An understanding of Change Management and capability to lead organizations through change
- A good understanding of how to leverage Information Technology to meet tactical and strategic objectives.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo Diversified Services employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.