VP - IT Audit Manager
Rabo Diversified Services LLC ("RDS") is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
The role of the IT Audit Manager is to conduct, under the direction of functional leadership, operational IT audits of the technology and infrastructure support functions of Rabo AgriFinance, Inc. (RAF), North America Wholesale (NAW) and Rabo Diversified Services LLC (RDS), including testing of the related internal control systems for effectiveness and efficiency. Additionally, to participate in integrated operational audits focusing on specific controls within the applications and file systems that support the process being audited. Primary focus is on key risks and controls in relevant business / support functions and systems.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assists the Senior Audit Manager in managing total team resources by managing assigned direct reports and their coaching and development while recommending proposals for training and development of staff to be agreed with the Senior Audit Manager.
- Directly manages assigned audit staff on project work. Provides adequate on the job training including regulatory compliance; participates in appraisals of project work and coaches performance in a constructive manner consistent with the organization’s cultural practices. Where staff are not direct reports of the Audit Manager, project feedback is given to the manager responsible for performance management.
- Organizes and carries out the activities that are related to the job (planning / setting up projects, obtaining the necessary and relevant information from the client, establishing and processing collected information, reporting). Responsible for the deadlines, activities, timeframes and expenditure of all projects.
- Determines, within the framework of the agreements that the Audit Manager has made with the client and fine-tuned with the Senior Audit Managers, how and when audit projects will be carried out. Makes decisions regarding the planning and the approach. Executes the audits specified in the annual Audit Plan, in conjunction with other Audit staff (e.g., a “roll up your sleeves” manager).
- Communicates regularly with Senior Audit Managers regarding the progress / realization of the audit projects for the current accounts and regarding findings.
- Operates within the framework of the codes of conduct and professional regulations of the applicable professional audit organizations (IIA) and the Audit Rabobank Group.
- Reports to the Senior Audit Managers regarding the progress / realization of audit projects, the realization of the current Audit Plan and the results of completed audits.
- Reports to the Senior Audit Managers each quarter (in addition to the performance and evaluation interview) regarding coaching and development of audit staff on assigned projects.
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly Audit Activity Report for presentation to the Utrecht Audit Rabobank Group, applicable Management Team(s), and appropriate Audit Committees.
- Attends appropriate management and/or committee meetings where requested to present audit results.
- Maintains operational contacts with the client and appropriate management regarding audits in progress.
- Represent the Audit Department on various presentations, such as the New Employee Orientation, as assigned.
- Assists in the development of the annual budget for the department, in consultation with Senior Audit Managers and the Head of Audit for the US Region, and documents budget to actual comparisons throughout the year.
- Interacts periodically with primary regulators with respect to internal audit activities.
- Maintains good working relationship with all employees to foster an open dialogue between Audit and other personnel.
- Makes presentations to various groups and departments on internal controls and audit findings and recommendations.
- Performs all other job functions as assigned by the Senior Audit Managers and/or Head of Audit for the US Region.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate Rabobank Cultural Commitments.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Should be able to recognize root causes of problems vs. symptoms. Should be able to analyze problems, evaluate alternatives and anticipate consequences. Must be able to identify key controls and key risks in area of expertise.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all the relevant IT, operational, and auditing theory, facts, and processes.
- Thorough understanding of bank accounting principles and analytical techniques required. Proficient in computer usage and programs equivalent to Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel long distances outside of assigned region (approximately 25% of the time), including overnight travel which may include air travel. Routine travel to other locations using personal vehicle is required.
- Willingness to study as part of career development is desirable in this role to maintain current industry knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Excellent oral and written communications skills relating to the ability of handling criticisms of and recommendations to personnel in a tactful/diplomatic manner. This also includes public speaking (training, presentations) at all organizational levels.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, ratios, and percentages.
- Ability to solve a variety of problems, collect data, determine facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in mathematical, written, or oral form and deal with multiple concrete variables in situations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science or Accounting is required with minimum of 10 years prior auditing experience required.
- Excellent understanding of banking business principles and analytical techniques required. Proficient in computer usage and programs equivalent to Microsoft Word and Excel. Strong interpersonal relationship and English language skills are required.
- Required to hold one of the following certifications
- Certified Bank Auditor
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement