VP - Benefits Manager
Rabo Diversified Services LLC ("RDS") is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Serves subject matter expert for all benefit related matters and issues.
- Implements and administers company benefit programs.
- Responsible for all employee benefit communications, including presenting to groups of employees and managers either in person or via Webex or Skype.
- Participates in benefits negotiation process.
- Coordinates annual benefit open enrollment process.
- Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous resolution.
- Company administrator for the 401(k) Plan. Serves as a fiduciary on the Retirement Plan and Health and Welfare Plan Committee.
- Reports and manages worker’s compensation claims.
- Manages and approves requests for accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Knowledgeable on government guidelines for all company benefit reporting.
- Responsible for self-funding invoice payment process. Resolves discrepancies with carriers and the company.
- Administers the retiree benefit program.
- Ensures benefit accuracy for payroll.
- Provides guidance to employees on policies and procedures.
- Handles sensitive employee situations in a confidential, trustworthy, and professional manner.
- Interacts closely with Legal regarding special leave of absence circumstances, negative employee behavior situations, employee severance packages, and accurate Legal verbiage in company policies to create the right business climate of respect and consistency.
- Counsels managers and employees on HR practices, policies, and regulations
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Complete all mandatory training
- Comply with code of conduct and Bank policies/ procedures
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies and procedures and report to management immediately
- Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understands and complies with all Rabobank anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws.
Culture and Values
- Actively and consistently demonstrate applicable Rabobank Culture initiatives and commitments.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Processes information logically and is able to use the result in appropriate business applications to meet the requirements of the job. Assesses every day and extraordinary situations well.
- Makes sound business decisions; understands and achieves respective business plan goals.
- Reliably organizes work, works effectively and efficiently, priorities work and anticipates business need. Juggles multiple projects simultaneously.
- High level of commitment to excellent employee customer service. Coordinates department’s effort, within department or with other groups, to achieve departmental goals.
- Processes information logically and is able to use the result to recommend and implement the appropriate business applications to meet the requirements of the job. Handles normal and extraordinary situations well.
- Addresses individual needs immediately and identifies opportunities to enhance the competency and effectiveness of the company as a whole.
- Represents Rabobank favorably at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field with 7+ years of benefit administration. Knowledge of labor law regulations required.
- Computer proficiency with MS Word and Excel, Outlook and Internet required. Strong research, writing and communications skills are essential.
- Must possess excellent human relations and communication skills and work effectively without direct supervision. Effective time management and organizational skills required.
- Exhibits high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive employee information. This position requires the use of tact, discretion and good judgment.
- Experience managing areas including Benefits, Employee Relations, etc. Must exhibit ability to make administrative decisions. Some travel required
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo Diversified Services employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.