Transaction Monitoring Analyst
Rabo Diversified Services LLC ("RDS") is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Conduct reviews of alerts related to client/transaction activity generated by the automated transaction monitoring system, manual reports or internal referrals.
· Escalate potentially suspicious activity to the Transaction Monitoring Manager.
· Review and investigate transaction patterns utilizing the transaction monitoring tool, internal Customer Due Diligence tool and third party sources.
· Assist with the validation of the transaction monitoring system or any updates required.
· Document investigation steps performed, recommend cases for SAR/No SAR decisions and document the rationale for the ultimate decision reached.
· Review potential matches against various regulatory watch lists and conduct additional research to ascertain validity of matches.
· Review sanctions alert escalations from Operations and conduct sanctions alert reviews for batch monitoring.
· Conduct research using internal and external sources to help determine potential suspicious activity and disposition adverse news.
· Write SARs for the Transaction Monitoring Manager and BSA Officer review.
· Where appropriate, facilitate Requests for Information (“RFIs”) with the Front Office in the investigation of transaction monitoring cases.
· Create, update and maintain a case file which documents all information used in an investigation.
· Perform USPA 314(a) searches.
· Review and approve Third Party payments.
· Assist with updating of the Transaction Monitoring Desktop Procedures.
· Respond and remediate issues identified by the Quality Assurance team.
· Assist with ad hoc projects and AML trend analyses.
· Respond to payment referrals to clear any potential hits to OFAC and other Sanctions list
· Assist the AML Compliance team in areas outside of regularly assigned duties as is deemed necessary.
· Comply with all US laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation, AML and OFAC/Sanctions requirements and the reporting of suspicious activity (and all related policies, procedures and guidelines), as well as the following Rabobank Policies and Standards:
Ø Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy
Ø Anti-Money Laundering Policy
Ø Clean Desk Policy
Ø Code of Conduct
Ø Complaint and Whistleblower Protection Policy
Ø Conflicts of Interest Policy
Ø Gift and Entertainment Policy
Ø Outside Interest Policy (Including Outside Business Activities and Private Investments)
Ø Personal Investment Policy
Ø Required Absence from Sensitive Position Policy
Ø Sanctions Policy
Ø World Wide Compliance Standards
Ø Employee Policy Manual
Ø Transaction Monitoring policies and Procedures
Ø Training Standards
· Complete all mandatory training
· Comply with code of conduct and Bank policies/ procedures
· Actively identify incidents outside of established policies and procedures and report to management immediately
· Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
· Understands and complies with all RAF and Rabobank anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws.
Culture and Values
· Actively and consistently demonstrate the Eight RAF Cultural Practices
Job Skills and Knowledge:
· Knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements
· Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, XL, Outlook)
· Transaction Monitoring experience on an investigative tool such as NetReveal (preferred), Mantas, Actimize/Fortent/Searchspace
· Understanding of banking and financial services, including an understanding of the various types of products, services, and transactions that are typical for the Branch
· Analytical/Investigative skills to determine unusual or possible suspicious activity regarding transaction or account activities
· Ability to interact with all levels of management
· Individual must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills required
· Highly motivated
· Good analytical/investigative skills
· Problem solving
· Experience with and understanding of capital markets, lending, and trade finance products
· Proficiency in a foreign language
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 2-5 years of BSA/AML and Sanctions experience and prior work experience at a financial institution, law firm, regulatory agency, professional services firm, or similar work environment
· Professional certifications including e.g., Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (“CAMS”), Certified Fraud Examiner (“CFE”) or Certified Internal Auditor (“CIA”)
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rabobank, Rabo AgriFinance, and Rabo Diversified Services (“Rabo”) all provide equal employment opportunities for all prospective and current employees.
Rabo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military service or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Consistent with this policy, Rabo recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles and ensure that all personnel actions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to the protected factors listed above. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including application, hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.