Imagine… being responsible for building, testing and maintaining one of the largest data warehouses of the Rabobank, the Group Risk Finance Data Platform (GRFD). This data warehouse contains all financial and financial risk data of the entire Rabobank Group. The data warehouse will be expanded in the coming years due to the increasing amount of required reporting functions and increasing amount of data sources needed for reporting. The system is of strategic importance for the Rabobank for internal and external reporting purposes, especially reporting to regulators.
Making a difference
- working on a broad spectrum of challenges and solving complex puzzles;
- quickly changing gears from technical to functional aspects and then back again;
- working in a multinational team;
- working on the technical side of a very large data warehouse;
- guiding Scrum team colleagues on technical topics;
- and working within one of the most strategic programs within the Bank.
With each other
We work together at the Rabobank. GRFD is part of the delivery cluster Data Structural which is part of the IT Systems Risk, Finance and Compliance domain. GRFD is part of a larger program which relies on the GRFD team members to build a future looking data logistic and reporting landscape for Risk & Finance. The program has as its goal to provide all Group financial and financial risk reports for internal and external customers, especially for regulators.
This data warehouse uses SAP HANA XSA as a database engine and Informatica applications, including PowerCenter for the ETL functionalities. For test automation we use Fitnesse with a Gherkin language overlay. The various architectural data layers are based on the DataVault technique and dimensional modelling, derived from a central group-wide logical data model. The new GRFD data logistics are being implemented to standardise and improve the quality of the various required reports and to be able to respond more quickly to internal requirements and those of the regulators.
Facts & Figures
- 36- to 40-hours per week
- 43,822 Rabobank colleagues around the world
- positioning yourself as a dynamic test engineer with a specialisation in data warehousing, business intelligence and a passion for continuous improvement of our application. You can expand the platform and are able to quickly and efficiently solve (potential) problems. You work together with other specialists proposing solutions for complex problems.
- Continuously questioning and investigating the chosen solutions to discover potential issues preventing the optimal working of the system.
- Building and maintaining the automated test suite in Fitnesse.
- Challenging the developers and business analyst on all topics related to quality.
- Looking for technical and performance improvements in the chosen solution and at the same time ensuring required documentation is completed and automation standards are adhered to in our modern Agile working environment.
- Having the right mindset and motivation to develop yourself and learn new things.
Together we achieve more than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our team.
Working together is the way we work; as 1 passionate and technical team at Rabobank. Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,500,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- You have a minimum of a HBO work and thought level;
- You are fluent in English (writing and speaking) and preferably Dutch speaking;
- You have proven experience in a BI/data warehouse environment as a software tester;
- You have experience in the financial sector, with main focus in the banking (Credit Risk) sector;
- You have knowledge and experience of ETL development methods and best practices in Informatica PowerCenter as well as experience in BI related test methodologies;
- You have proven SQL knowledge;
- You have a quality mindset;
- You have experience with exploratory testing;
- You have experience with Functional Testing including testing of complex business logic;
- You have experience with and understanding the importance of test automation;
- You have experience with creating synthetic test data;
- You have experience with data modelling techniques (DataVault, dimensional, relational) and their implementation in various databases;
- You have experience with continuous integration and deployment including the use of GIT;
- You have experience with setting up and maintaining Jenkins Pipelines;
- You have knowledge and experience of working in Agile/Scrum projects;
- You have experience with SAP Hana XSA and/or SAP Powerdesigner and/or Informatica PowerCenter and/or Fitnesse (+ Gherkin) is desirable.
This is what we offer you
- from € 3.423 up to € 5.655 gross monthly salary (scale 8 or 9 depending on your experience)
- a thirteenth month's salary and an 8% holiday allowance
- a monthly Employee Benefit Budget (EBB) of 11% of your gross monthly salary to be used at your discretion. Buy extra holiday hours, add more to your pension savings or choose to have this budget to be paid out.
- a budget of € 750,- to set up your home working space
- a monthly home working allowance of up to € 40,-
- a monthly internet allowance of € 40,-
- an annual personal development budget of € 1.400,-
- a combination of working from home and at the office #LI-Hybrid
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport
- a pension scheme to which you contribute 3.5% or 5.5% (based on your own preference)
You and the job application process
- Responses will be handled in accordance with vacancy management.
- Any questions about working at Rabobank and the process? Contact: Angèl Wijnhard, Recruiter via Angel.Wijnhard@rabobank.nl.
- We will hold the interviews through a video call.
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on rabobank.jobs/en/faq.
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy.