Territory Risk & Control
Rabo AgriFinance LLC ("RAF") is a leading financial services provider for agricultural producers across North America. Solely focused on agriculture, RAF is part Rabobank, a global financial services leader offering wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide and one of the world’s largest banks, with over $650 billion in assets. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. With over 40 offices across the U.S., RAF provides clients with knowledgeable local teams and exclusive access to global market research in a variety of sectors, including grains and oilseeds, protein and specialty crops
- Responsible for embedding risk culture and principles in the 1st line of defense at a business unit level. Owns the 1st line of defense quality control for all functions within the defined business unit. Proactively identifies systemic issues and together with the GM and/or other senior leadership, takes action to resolve. Responsible for risk identification and understanding control effectiveness. Liaison with Business Risk team for incident reports occurring out in the field.
- Facilitates risk communication and identifies risk related training needs within the business unit in regards to inaccuracies found at the control point or other identified assurance mechanisms. Accountable for confirmation and managing relevant end user computing tools, data input quality, including documentation accuracy and adhering to pertinent policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Must be versed in compliance, risk, and credit policies to provide input into and advice on updates and ensure effective implementation within the business unit.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of key processes within a business unit, especially as it relates to data input
- Provide leadership and supervision over risk related control processes within a territory
- Liaison with Business Risk team for incident reports occurring out in the field.
- Complete control feedback loop and work closely with the Business Risk team
- Identify training needs for 1st line of defense in the business unit.
- Has direct interface with auditors during the audit process to ensure that auditors are provided with all necessary information; provides explanations as needed.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate Rabobank’s cultural commitments.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess ability to communicate tactfully and listen attentively to the customer. Must possess strong ability to make sound decisions. Must have high level of accuracy and problem solving ability. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with all members of RAF and Utrecht Head Office and other colleagues in achieving the company’s goals. Demonstrates teamwork in facilitating workflow. High level of cooperation with others and is responsive to the company’s needs.
- Plans and organizes own work, uses time effectively, sets appropriate priorities while anticipating business needs.
- Strong analytical, cognitive and communication skills required including ability to be proactive and assertive when dealing with credit issues
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Communicates all matters of importance. Has skill in transmitting and receiving information orally and in writing with individuals or groups. Shares information and knowledge appropriately. Is fully effective in communicating with others. Writes clear, logical, concise credit applications, memos and correspondence. Presents effective and clear oral support to credit committee. Communicates excellent understanding of client and industry risk and mitigates to those risks. Seeks additional information/explanation for clarification.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts for financial analysis.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Processes information logically by applying objective criteria while assessing the facts. Ability to analyze financial profiles and identify risks and appropriates mitigates. Ability to assist Relationship Managers in structuring/restructuring loan agreements. Processes information logically and is able to use the result in appropriate business applications to meet the requirements of the job. Analyst must achieve strong credibility internally with senior management, credit committee, and Relationship Managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Agriculture or Finance preferred, with 7+ years agricultural banking or risk management experience including 5 years of increasingly more complex credit administration and/or risk management responsibilities. A Master’s Degree is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management practices and capability to collaborate and develop and implement an ERM philosophy
- Experience in leading projects and seeing through to implementation and monitoring.
- Experience leading teams, with preference to experience in leading teams with varying degree of responsibilities and accountabilities.
- A high level of expertise in loan underwriting and portfolio management required.
- Experience with training, particularly credit risk, and able to effectively assist others in developing those skills.
- An in-depth understanding of Basel II or future iterations of the Basel Accord.
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Rabobank, Rabo AgriFinance, and Rabo Diversified Services (“Rabo”) all provide equal employment opportunities for all prospective and current employees.
- Rabo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military service or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Consistent with this policy, Rabo recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles and ensure that all personnel actions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to the protected factors listed above. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including application, hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.