Co-drive the India tax function by best managing the tax risk and compliances in the ever changing and demanding tax landscape.
- On a day-to-day basis ensure compliance with withholding tax obligations on payments made by Rabo India including updating rules / rates on payment systems
- Ensure compliance with RBI norms for remittances inward and outward processed by Rabo India
- Compliance with Corporate tax regulation including advance tax, tax returns, tax audit, and withholding tax.
- Compiling information required by tax authorities in connection with assessments / appeals etc.
- Transfer Pricing – documentation of arm’s length pricing, ensuring supporting obtained upfront for transactions with related parties, including service agreements etc
- Transfer Pricing Audit – liaison with Regional and HO Tax for documentation as the primary liaison officer with Transfer Pricing auditors
- Tax impact analysis and clearance for all products / services
- Tax Audit – being primary liaison for tax auditors
- Liaison for assessments of Head Office or any other Rabobank Group Company in India
- Tax Planning – where possible, advise management on tax planning opportunities
- Timely and accurate accounting for all tax matters
- Tax advisory – Providing value added services and / or information on tax implications in new business initiatives / structures / deals etc.
- Liaising with GST auditor for GST returns
- Preparing and filing GST returns
- Performing the reconciliation of Input credit with GSTR-2A
- Handling the adhoc queries from tax department
- Handle FATCA, CRS and Master file compliances
- Tax Accounting – ensuring that relevant local and HO guidelines for tax accounting are being adhered to, including provision for tax and Deferred Tax
- Handling statutory audits
- Responsible for basic GL / Financial controls with direct responsibility for all the tax related accounts in the ledger.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Communication / Influence
- Integrity and professionalism
- Planning and Organising
- Judgement and proactive
- Stakeholder Management
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE
- Good understanding of local and international taxation norms including Income Tax Act, Goods and Service Tax Act, Service Tax, Transfer pricing legislations, DTAA etc
- High computer literacy with working knowledge of standard Office Automation tools like MS Excel / Word
- Good understanding of banking and banking products
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Chartered Accountant with 6-8 years of working experience in Banking industry
- Experience of having dealt with tax authorities and statutory auditors is a must
Interested candidates may send their applications to Parameswaran.Iyer@rabobank.com