Tax Compliance Manager
Rabobank is the world’s leading specialist in food and agribusiness banking. One of our key strengths lies in our people who have a deep understanding of agriculture and are committed to adding long-term value for clients. Our commitment to our employees and clients is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Tax this role will assist with the tax risk management function and in particular to manage the day to day compliance activities, project, advisory and analytical work.
In conjunction with Group Tax’s other Tax Compliance Manager, accountable for the completion (including preparation, review, and finalisation) of Rabobank’s tax compliance obligations in Australia and New Zealand (lodgement, payment, and tax accounting), including:
- Annual corporate income tax returns (Australia and New Zealand)
- Monthly GST Returns (Australia and New Zealand)
- Annual (Australia) and quarterly (New Zealand) FBT returns
- Monthly interest withholding tax returns (Australia and New Zealand)
- Monthly Approved Issuer Levy returns (New Zealand)
- Quarterly thin capitalisation calculations (Australia) and returns (New Zealand)
- Annual Investment Income Reports (Australia)
- Monthly insurance duty returns and payments (Australia)
- Monthly, half-year and year-end tax effect accounting calculations and financial reporting disclosure statements and notes including Head Office tax reports and reconciliations and liaising with the external auditors
- Monthly review and reconciliation of all tax related accounts in the general ledger
- Provision of tax advice to internal clients and general tax support to business and operational areas of the Bank
- Research and provision of assistance to the Senior Tax Manager and Head of Tax
- Assistance with Group Tax’s internal administrative obligations.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting and Taxation Law.
- Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) or Certified Accountant (CA) qualification.
- Strong corporate tax experience, preferably gained in the Banking and Financial Services industry.
- Tax advisory experience.
- New Zealand tax experience (highly desirable)
- Strong working knowledge of banking products and the Banking & Financial Services industry in general.
- Strong technical knowledge of the Australian and New Zealand tax systems.
- Strong knowledge of tax effect accounting principles and statutory reporting requirements.
- Strong and accurate analytical skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel and Word skills.
- Able to start making appropriate decisions, exercise personal judgement and contribute to and challenge the general decision making process with others.
Our Values, Vision and Mission
Rabobank Australia fully embraces inclusion and belonging and delivers positive experiences for our people and clients. Our great working conditions, broad learning and development programmes and the opportunity to work together for the greater good are reasons why our employees love working here. We are committed to our values; we are client focussed, action oriented, purposeful and courageous in our work. We are professional and considerate and bring out the best in each other and are committed to keep learning. We have an open culture, where you can be yourself and be valued for who you are.
What we're proud to offer you:
- Rabo@Anywhere is the hybrid way of working at Rabobank. It aims to provide an approach to work that empowers our employees to benefit from working remotely, or from a Rabobank office/branch when it makes sense to do so.
- As part of our wellbeing offering we also have Wellbeing Leave. These extra leave days can be used in a way that helps achieve greater work/life balance. It’s just another way we are helping our employees to lead happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives.
- Rabobank values the development of its people, and has a great Education Assistance Program to assist with professional development.
- An inclusive Parental Leave policy that supports you and your family while giving you the freedom and flexibility to enjoy this special time (Primary carer up-to 14 weeks paid leave)
- We realise sometimes 4 weeks Annual Leave isn't enough! At Rabobank we provide an incentive for eligible employees to receive 1 extra week Annual Leave. With an option to also purchase another 2 weeks Annual Leave.
- Rabobank recognises that employees need to protect their financial wellbeing, in the event of serious illness, injury, or even death. Rabobank provides eligible permanent employees with employer-funded Death, Temporary & Permanent Disability (TPD) and Income Protection Insurance.
- As part of Rabobank's global Corporate Social Responsibility, Workplace Giving aims to encourage employees to contribute to our community. Rabo Workplace Giving program matches employee donations to selected Social Partners.
Rabobank is committed to a culture where diversity and inclusion is valued, respected and encouraged. We welcome applicants from diverse cultures, faith and sexual orientation.
Rabobank is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
Only Australian citizens or permanent residents will be considered