Imagine… That what you work on every day is enabling our digital banking solutions to serve seven million customers. As a Solution Architect (SA), you will be helping to build our hybrid native/web applications that make digital banking possible worldwide. Rabobank is one of the largest IT employers in the Netherlands.
Within the Distribution department you will work together with more than 100 DevOps teams to develop and manage the online channels of Rabobank. Examples of our success are Rabobank Banking App (Rabobankieren), Rabobank.nl website, Onboarding for online secure clients and digital Identification.
You will be working in the area responsible for all Rabobank (anonymous) websites, which are part of the Online Platform of the Rabobank. The area provides key services and building blocks that enable feature teams to build their global web (and app) solutions in an effortless and compliant way. You will be working on our .nl, corporate and country websites with services like search, chat, navigation, personalization and more.
Our website development stack provides a frontend application platform with frontend components, interaction services and a content management system, that leveraged all feature teams to create their solutions.
You will work with the latest techniques and cutting-edge technologies and will influence and drive the standards and the continuous evolution of the web platform.
As a Solution Architect, you will guide two squads of 5-7 developers and closely work with colleague SAs, the Product Owner, the area Solution Architect and others. The teams are located in Utrecht, but in these times of Covid we are working from home locations.
In this central role, you will work on topics that span the whole Digital Platform Tribe such as improving the developer experience, working on new application architectures that are allow more granular deployment, and more. To realize this, you will need to consult various experts across the Tribe, come up with new architectural improvements and communicate on how to achieve them.
Your skills and experience
You are a communicative team player who is able to formulate and communicate a vision and have a drive to improve yourself and the people around you. You have shown the courage to challenge and develop yourself even when you and your team make a mistake. The important part is that you (and your team) learn from that and grow.
The interesting and challenging part of this role is that you will be working on a lot of topics in parallel, which involves defining and coordinating the activities to make this happen. As such, you will have limited time to actually code, but are in the driver’s seat to make significant improvements happen.
You will be the driving force behind enabling Online Web and App development. You are comfortable in working with several experts, define solution directions and driving these changes. You have experience working in a corporate environment with complex technological landscapes and know how to deal with a multitude of stakeholders and corporate processes.
We expect that you have at least four years' experience with architecting and developing customer-facing hybrid native/web applications in enterprise environments. You have experience with frontend web development and frontend frameworks like Angular, and are familiar with security, accessibility, cookies, stateless solutions, authentication tokens.
Any experience with search, content management, full stack / backend development and Artificial Intelligence will be very useful.
You know how to build systems that are easy to operate and maintain, and that can last a long time while undergoing changes continuously. You have shown to be able to balance technical debt against problem solving, new features and architectural changes. You are a forward thinker and have a vision on where the development stack should be heading in terms of technology, standards and customer value.
With your talents
It is important that you recognize yourself in the following checklist:
• At minimum have a completed (technical) bachelor degree
• You have strong analytical and conceptual skills, being able to address user issues and possible business impact
• You have experience with frontend frameworks like Angular.
• You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Preferably also in Dutch.
• You worked together with UX teams before
• You are familiar with working in DevOps teams and the rituals of Agile / Scrum
• You have a proactive approach in improving solutions and embrace challenge
• You have experience and deep knowledge of the web, specifically on the client side, and interacting with the server side.
• You maintain a clear vision on where frontend architecture should be heading.
• You are able to translate this vision into reality, giving guidance to developers and other architects.
• You have the ability to motivate others. You can create structure and purpose.
• You embrace changes and self-leadership is in your DNA.
Your reward (Salary & Benefits)
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary, scaled in function group 10 (scale between €5.000 and €7.000 gross per month based on 40hrs week, depending on experience).
- a guarantee thirteenth (13th) month and holiday pay (8%).
- an Employee Benefit Budget.(10% of your salary) You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving it as cash on a monthly basis.
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport. Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- Currently, due to the pandemic, we all work from home, of course. Rabobank has a range of (free) desks, chairs and monitors for your work from home ‘office’. We will provide you with a laptop and mobile phone.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3.5%.
Are you the person we’re looking for?
Are you our new colleague who will strengthen Rabobank as a solution architect and thus make the difference for yourself, our customers and society?
Are you looking for technical challenges and ownership, working in a dynamic team with a cooperative mindset being passionate about the code and applications we create?
Good to know:
· Applications are open until this vacancy is filled. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
· Frank Simons , IT Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via email@example.com. cv's sent to my e-mail or through LinkedIn messages will not be taken into consideration and will be deleted according to GDPR guidelines. Please use the Apply button.
· The application process includes obligatory screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff matches the high standards we pursue to work at Rabobank.
· The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
· Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld