Senior Software Engineer - Model Based Software Generation
Imagine… with your DevOps team you are building and expanding the Risk Data Warehouse (RDW) which holds Credit- and Liquidity Risk data. In the RDW you collect and store data, enrich it and transform it into meaningful information we distribute to our customers. The information we produce is used to manage and run the Rabobank and for accountability to regulators.
Making a difference
You will be an active member of the DevOps team that works closely with other disciplines/roles where you:
- Take responsibility for changing and running the IT solutions you deliver. Where software development is not only about implementing business requirements, but also takes into account operational aspects such as maintainability, stability and security requirements. Not to forget continuous delivery regarding test- or behaviour driven development, test automation, model based software generation using Powerdesigner, continuous improvement.
- For the full software development process and the drive to continually improve. The complexity of the job lies in ensuring a balance between running and changing the systems. In this balancing act you can really put your development-, cooperation- and communication capabilities to work!
We live in the Microsoft BI world. SQL Server databases and SSIS, SSRS, SSAS. The RDW is modelled using the Data Vault method. Backlogs and Source Control in MS Team Foundation Server. For automated testing Specflow and C# are used. The continuous delivery pipeline is built around Microsoft TFS and TFS Release.
It’s nice if you have recent C# or .NET knowledge.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. The domain Risk & Finance is one of five domains within IT Systems. Risk & Finance takes care of the development & maintenance for all Risk Management, Finance and HR systems of the Group.
Your position is in the Data WRR delivery cluster and within that cluster in the WRR Risk Data Delivery Unit. In this delivery unit the WRR Risk Data Warehouse (RDW) is being built and maintained. In the RDW, Credit- and Liquidity risk data is being stored.
Customer Focus, Result driven, Organize and monitor, positive attitude, Initiate improvements, and personal development are clearly essential for the role of Software Engineer BI. In addition, it’s important that you recognize everything in the checklist below:
- 5-10 years’ experience as a software engineer in data warehouse environments
- Extensive experience in Data Vault data modelling
- Advanced knowledge and experience with PowerDesigner
- Extensive knowledge of MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server or a similar tool
- Experience with Agile and/or SCRUM software development
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery principles
- Datamodeling and datawarehousing techniques
- Provides vision on Model Driven Data Warehouse Development
- Provides vision on automation (Development Process, Modelling, CI/CD, Business Process)
- Person will be responsible for bringing improvements in development methodologies.
- Provides drive for improvement
- Someone who has the attitude - Good is not enough!
- Shows leadership and persuasiveness
- Someone who can guide Senior Developers with Intellect, Passion and Reason
- Someone who can be considered as a Leader in Technology.
- Passion for Technology, who can be a level player for team!
Nice to haves and considered a plus:
- Experience with GIT/Azure DevOps or a similar tool
- Knowledge of BIML
- Experience with automated testing, preferably with SpecFlow
Do you recognize yourself in everything so far? We would love to have you in our team and to help you achieve your aspirations in terms of growth and development in an international, multicultural environment where you are given the chance to keep learning every day. Rabobank provides you the tools to excel and to realize your professional and personal ambitions. On the basis of a 40-hour working week, this is what we offer you:
- a gross monthly salary between € 3.677,26 and € 5.252,05
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
A third of all the food we purchase is thrown away. Together with Nature & Environment, we’re working to increase awareness among consumers of how to reduce food waste.
As part of a project with Humanitas, we are helping people who are experiencing financial difficulties to get their household finances in order.
Together with Vluchtelingenwerk Nederland (the Dutch Council for Refugees), we are helping 1,500 refugees find a suitable job.
Are you the person we are looking for? Are you ready for the next step in your career at the Rabobank? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know
If you have any questions about the application procedure via Dino Dzankovic, recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application process includes a screening. Based on the screening procedure we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!