Senior .NET Developer Global Client Onboarding
Imagine... working in a challenging and international environment to enable the bank in providing relevant financial services to our clients. As software engineer of the GCOB team you work with the other software engineers with the aim to improve the overall experience of the wholesale client journey.
DevOps teams are the foundation of our IT organization. They work under mandate and are self-organizing. The team is fully responsible for the quality of the delivered code, from solution design until solving production issues.
Department and Project context
The Wholesale & International domain within IT Systems supports the wholesale bank across the globe. The Wholesale Client cluster delivers and supports global business systems, including process automation in the areas of CRM, Client Onboarding, Client Data Management, Document- and Case Management. The Client cluster has global responsibility for servicing more than 20+ locations divided in multiple regions. The delivery unit is working closely with strategic programs within other domains to realize the bank’s digital transformation.
Making a difference
You can be a key success factor in meeting of those ambitions within the Global Client Onboarding (GCOB) area. GCOB is a cornerstone in the KYC process for international clients banking with Rabobank. A proper and good KYC platform is key for the bank’s license to operate. KYC is very important to make sure risks are in line with regulatory standards and the Bank’s own risk appetite. The application you will be working on is globally used by over a thousand employees facilitating the bank’s KYC processes.
The GCOB team is currently working in London and Utrecht and will be transferred completely to Utrecht at the end of 2020. All communication will be in English as the end-users, DevOps team(s), and other stakeholders reside on different locations across the globe.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our DevOps teams bring talented people together to execute all change and run activities of the relevant application. You will be T-shaped along the way to help delivering value to the product.
- Your primary working area is the KYC and CDD application GCOB, you are involved in both change and run the bank within the DevOps team.
- High level of understanding business requirements and business goals.
- Designing solutions in line with all relevant technical standards and with an emphasis on long-term supportability.
- Ensuring all technical designs and new technologies are reviewed and approved by the relevant teams
- Ensure that non-functional requirements are adequately considered and met as part of the development process
- Actively promoting automation techniques, such as automated build management, automated regression testing, automated deployment.
- You are part of an international DevOps team with autonomy, you proactively participate in team decisions and challenge your team members on presented solutions and decisions.
- HBO/WO level, preferably in Computer Science.
- Strong communication skills (English), both verbally and written
- Extensive (min. 5 yr) experience in: .NET (C#)
- Team-player with strong analysis/problem solving skills
- Passion for Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design (DDD)
- Experience with developing RESTful webservices
- Experience with cloud-based/ cloud-native development
- Experience with Git
- Experience with message-queueing patterns
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with .NET Core
- Ability to transfer/ document knowledge
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with monitoring platforms (Datadog, Elastic)
- Experience with structured logging
- Experience with working in an international team/ business domain
- A basic understanding or experience of Agile working practices
- Understanding of the full lifecycle of application development
- Experience with async/await in .NET
- Experience with standard libraries we use (Log4Net, Unity, Automapper)
- Experience in the banking sector (preferably in the CDD/KYC domain)
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary is scaled in function group 9.
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving extra cash on a monthly basis.
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.