Senior Manager, Data Management Office
Rabobank Australia is the world’s leading specialist in food and agribusiness banking. We are structured as a cooperative. Our purpose is clear: we enable our clients to feed the world sustainably. True to our cooperative origins, our focus lies with our clients and our employees, not shareholders, so we always put people first. Our great working conditions, broad training programs and the opportunity to work together for the greater good are reasons why our employees love working with Rabobank.
Rabobank has an opening for a Senior Manager, Data Management Office, to lead the Australian and New Zealand Data Management Office. The office is accountable for the strategic governance and management of the data management framework in Rabobank across ANZ. In this role, you will also initiate, implement, and monitor data management initiatives and support data governance committees and data management working groups to help the organisation comply with regional data management policies plus data management and record keeping standards.
You will work with a team based in Sydney who work a hybrid mix of 1-2 days in the office 3-4 days at home.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop/ maintains a Data strategy
- Implement and embed a data governance framework, improving data quality, development of policies and standards, governance metrics, processes and conduct relevant training
- Develop or improve and embed policies, standards and procedures for improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data
- Initiate, implement, and monitor data management initiatives and support data governance committees, data management working groups to help the organisation comply with regional data management policies
- Ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements
- Have the ability to develop strong stakeholder engagement
- Support the Head of First Line Risk and Security’s reporting to executive committees and, where required, the Board, on matters relating to data governance
- Serve as liaison between Data Owners and relevant divisions on all matters relating to the governance of data quality
- Implements any global data management initiatives within the region
- Provides technical advice and guidance with regards to the Data Standards and associated procedures and other control processes
To be successful in this role you would have experience in data governance or data management within financial services and / or banking industry with solid working knowledge of drivers and causes of operational risk. Your ability to analyse and solve problems as well as being autonomous in this role is crucial. This role entails stakeholder management across various departments and requires someone who can work within a fast paced, and changing business environment who thinks outside the box therefore superior communication and organisation skills are essential. Your exposure to APRA CPG 235 is highly desirable.
How do people describe you? You have excellent communication, organisation and problem-solving skills and have a passion for results. You enjoy working as a team but also flourish individually. With a passion for quality and great attitude to work, you'll fit in nicely with our culture.
What we're proud to offer you:
- Rabo@Anywhere is the hybrid way of working at Rabobank. You will be able to work from home and work in the office 1-2 days per week
- Two Wellbeing Leave days
- Rabobank values the development of its people, and has a great Education Assistance Program to assist with professional development
- An inclusive Parental Leave policy
- We provide an incentive for eligible employees to receive 1 extra week Annual Leave. With an option to also purchase another 2 weeks Annual Leave
- Rabobank recognises that employees need to protect their financial wellbeing, in the event of serious illness, injury, or even death. Rabobank provides eligible permanent employees with employer-funded Death, Temporary & Permanent Disability (TPD) and Income Protection Insurance
- As part of Rabobank's global Corporate Social Responsibility, Workplace Giving aims to encourage employees to contribute to our community. Rabo Workplace Giving program matches employee donations to selected Social Partners
Rabobank is committed to a culture where diversity and inclusion is valued, respected and encouraged. We welcome applicants from diverse cultures, faith and sexual orientation. If you’d like to discuss how we can make our opportunities more accessible to you, please let a member of the Talent Acquisition team know.