Senior KYC Analyst
Job Overview & Purpose:
The role exists to create centre of excellence to handle all RANZGs first line responsibilities in the completion, review, maintenance and administration of various compliance activities including:
• Initial and ongoing KYC/ Due Diligence requirements (AML/CTF Act)
• International regulatory requirements including, but not limited to US FATCA, derivatives based regulations, DFA, EMIR, DODD Frank and ASIC across Country Banking, Wholesale, IDB and TRG business lines.
Context of Job:
The primary remit of the role is the completion of our existing client Ongoing Customer Due Diligence (OCDD) activities.
These activities require a very good understanding of the various AML/CTF and KYC requirements for the various client entity types, documentation required for the entities and the underlying ownership structure of the various client entity types.
Entity examples – Individuals, Companies, Partnerships, Trusts and Associations.
Various parties within entities – Individuals, Partners, Directors, Trustees, Settlors, Beneficiaries and Ultimate Beneficial Owners.
Activities will include navigating through several key bank systems to undertake reviews of the documentation held, confirm if details have changed, if we are required to source updated or missing documentation and what this documentation is relevant to the entity type.
Co-ordinate with retail clients and the branch network to source information which on return will need to be captured to system and review completed in system records.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Review AML/KYC submissions from rural branches, IDB, MAC and Wholesale banking to ensure accurate completion/ submissions and the Banks Regulatory Obligations – including but limited to the AML/CTF Act. Where applicable liaise/assist / provide guidance as required with relevant parties.
• Maintain relationships within key stakeholders across the business and be a contact point for all change initiatives.
• Assist Management implement the Operations Strategy around first line regulatory responsibilities to enable greater control, monitoring and lower any potential risk to the bank
• Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with operations policies and procedures.
• At times, Provide reports to the Operations management team on developments, initiatives and new requirements.
• Work with the Compliance team to develop effective processes with regard to integration of new/ changes to regulations, in addition to developing and maintaining up to date usable information reference guides for use by relevant stakeholders across the bank. Additionally assist in development of appropriate / relevant training for front office and operations teams to ensure maximum understanding.
• Deliver professional and quality service to Rabobank Group clients and staff
• Ensure data captured to systems is accurate
• Demonstrate Rabobank core values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Sustainability and role-model appropriate behaviour at all times.
• Maintain contact within both the finance and operations industry to keep abreast of best practice and security developments within the industry.
• Act as contact for front office branches and our Retail clients on KYC requirements and answer queries where possible or seeking answers from operations or compliance where knowledge is limited.
• Ensuring that the AML/CTF KYC standards are maintained and details are legally accurate
• Ensures data collection requirements are consistent and maintained for reporting purposes
• Process and authorise administrative tasks for RaboDirect & Country Banking clients
• Ensure all paperwork and correspondence is of a high quality and standard
• Adhere to bank policy and procedures at all times
• Other duties as directed.
• Degree Qualified
• Minimum 3 years Banking/Finance experience with AML/CTF and KYC requirements
• Working experience with Banking systems and a quick to learn capability
• Experience in a Static Data or Retail Operations Client On boarding role
• Knowledge of financial banking products in particular lending, deposits and cards
• Knowledge of Code of Banking Practice, AML, FATCA and other regulatory issues in AU
• High level of knowledge of MS Office products.
• Manage and resolve issues in a timely manner
• Strong team player encouraging team work within the team
• Must work within Service Level Agreements to actively achieve results and goals
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Pro-active, organised and self-disciplined
• Ability to work well in a team and to encourage team members to work as a team for effectively and efficiently team service delivery
• Ability to manage multiple activities at the same time
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Able to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
• Professional manner when dealing with internal clients
• Able to carry out duties with limited supervision
• Previous experience working in financial services environment
• Works on results improvements
• Uses initiative, innovating
• Excellent Interpersonal skills
• Customer Focus - Engaging the customer in dialogue. Detecting and listing customers' wishes and needs. Responding and anticipating to this, putting customer interest first. Thinking and acting from the customer's perspective. Staying focused on creating added value for the customer (customer value) and improving the service provision.
• Partnership - Contributing to a joint result based on the philosophy of reciprocal value creation. Seeking collaboration and supporting others. Showing commitment to the joint objective and acting accordingly. Sharing information and knowledge with others. Achieving and connecting synergies.
• Deliver Results – Working actively and in a disciplined way towards achieving the agreed results and set goals. Working according to the principles of ‘right first time’ and ‘good is good enough’. Seeking challenges and identifying and creating opportunities to improve results.
• Initiative – Challenging self and others to pursue initiatives and take responsible risks with the objective of improving results. Making decisions and initiating actions based on well-considered risk analysis. Daring to speak up and make choices. Taking responsibility for own decisions and choices.
• Inspire and develop – Personally open to feedback and growth. Foster growth of individuals and teams in order to achieve goals. Transparency, employability and flexibility are major assets.
• Innovate – Innovating on an ongoing basis by introducing original applications and solutions. Thinking up new methods and processes to replace existing ones. Innovating to arrive at a better result.
Policy and Decision-Making Freedom:
• Ensuring compliance with risk frameworks.
• Working strategically in setting business plans including departmental and divisional plans on an annual basis.
• Role consults with the following support groups to make decisions – E.g. Compliance, Legal, Human Resources, Operational Risk, Operations, Risk, Credit and other SME’s across the business.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
• Efficient day to day monitoring client on-boarding and all the associated processes.
• Maintain Operational controls to minimise operational risk to the Bank
• Contribute to Rabobank Corporate Social Responsibility
• Enhance customer service and customer (internal/external)satisfaction
• Demonstrate risk culture awareness and practices, through performing role in adherence to Rabobank policies, procedures and values
• Effective management reporting
• Increasingly leverage and contribute to global capabilities
• Ensuring Data Governance and Quality are of the highest standards.