Senior Engineer Infra Automation
Imagine…being an essential part of one of the biggest corporate infrastructures of the Netherlands. Rabobank’s IT Infrastructure is organized regionally with the main regional centers located in Boxtel, Best, London, Sydney, Singapore, and New York. Although IT Infrastructure has a global focus, it uses regional organizations to service the business locally. As Senior Engineer Infra Automation you are the central link between the Delivery and Engineering Teams and your own team for automating orderable Infrastructure. The primary responsibility will be to design and build with the team the Infra automation infrastructure on the proposed architectural change from .Net to vRA / vRO (transition to another portal function) and Java based (API first). Working on stories and projects in a Scrum-Agile environment with the emphasis on the Operations Service.
Your technology stack consists of:
- Broad general infrastructure knowledge with a pre on already mentioned areas.
- VSphere (vRA/vRO)
- VMWare Cloud Foundation (VCF)
- Ansible/Ansible Tower
- Red Hat Fuse
- Oracle Gateway / API’s
- Automation skills, via scripting (Perl, Python, java, API, .NET)
- Hardware skill, via HPE, Hitachi Vantara, Cisco (Compute, Storage and Network)
- Working within and with DEVOPS teams
- Operations Orchestrator
In addition, it's important that you are familiar with everything in the checklist below:
- Windows, Linux, SQL , Oracle, Middleware, Network, Security and Connectivity)
- Provisioning tools
- Virtualization tools
Problem solving skills , Communication skills (both in Dutch and in English), delivering results and innovation power are clearly essential for the role of Senior Engineer Infra Automation. Knowledge of Prince2, ITIL and Agile scrum/Kanban and a flexible setting, prepared to work outside office hours and work on weekends are among the requirements for this role.
Making a difference
- Provide 3rd line support to fix incidents or problems
- Maintain operational support procedures
- Run usage reports
- Security & Compliance
- Input for capacity planning
- Operational capacity management
- Gathers requests for changes in services
- Participate in projects by giving advice (for example during the design phase) and setting up and implementing the choices made
- Make an active contribution to the self-organizing team in the form of picking up organizing roles in addition to your technical work
With each other
The Infra Automation team (approximately 20 fte’s) consists of a mix of enthusiastic Developers, Engineers and Delivery Analysts. The team is set up to automate the various operations within the IT infrastructure in order to realize a faster Time To Market without errors.
In order to speed up the development of the required APIs to be able to deliver the actions more quickly by our team, we are looking for an extra Senior Engineer Infra Automation for Software Defined Infrastructure.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- A gross monthly salary between €3677,26 and €5252,05 depending on your experience and Seniority (salary scale 9)
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay
- An Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout
- Flexible working times and location-independent working
- 100 % reimbursement of the costs of home/work travel if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a home/work travel allowance
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join our Infra Automation Team as a Senior Engineer Infra Automation and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until the 31th of December 2019. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact us.
- Rogier van Gils, Senior Delivery Manager Infra Automation, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Richard Gerestein via Richard.email@example.com
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
- There is a preferred candidate for this vacancy