Senior Data Engineer (Azure)
As a data engineer leveraging your passion for data by supporting Rabobank’s data driven ambitions to fruition. Supporting all business initiatives with a need for data (structured and unstructured, high volume and/or streaming), and especially KYC. Rabobank is at the start of a journey implementing an Enterprise Data Lake platform in the cloud. And you can be a valuable part of it!
We see collaboration as the best way to deliver strong results. We use Scrum as an agile way of working in our Tribe. Our Squads join forces to support the bank-wide organization with data logistics solutions. We bring together talented people to work on our data systems, including data warehousing, Hadoop and Azure cloud. Our Area consists of about 100 T-shaped colleagues.
You will be organizing the data operations for analytics projects that give Rabobank the leading edge on banking.
- You get excited by building and deploying big data pipelines in the cloud. In the Squad you work on Azure, where you use cloud native components and value the separation between storage and computing.
- Data frames are not a new concept to you and you write code in Python or PySpark for your ETL needs. Your deployments are automated and you are able to quickly prototype your solutions.
- You will operate within a complex web of data sources and advise on and execute data flows that lead to new insights;
- You will be a specialist in data ingestion, building robust automated data ingestion jobs that run flawlessly to fetch data from the data lake and other sources inside and outside the bank;
- You will be working on different platforms and with different tools, orchestrating data pipelines and connecting systems and data environments on-premise and in the cloud;
- Your keen sense for security will make sure that the data we are working with is protected, both in transfer and in use, and that datasets are anonymized or pseudonymized to safeguard important data;
- You will actively participate in knowledge sharing, meetups, code reviews and deep dives to develop the ambitious team that you are part of;
- You will be working in direct contact with our multi-disciplinary project teams with roles such as data scientists, business consultants and data engineers.
Your experience and competencies
You have experience in using the concepts/components in a production environment:
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake Storage
- Spark using Python (or Scala)
- Azure Synapse
- Azure Functions
- Scheduling and triggering using Airflow
- Build and deploy with Azure DevOps using yaml and bash
- Set up data quality and monitoring
- Develop unit tests (TDD) using Python
- Data modelling (like data vault, dimensional modelling) and SQL
- Linux minded
- Good knowledge of OO design patterns.
The competences we would like you to have:
- Eager to learn new techniques
- Enjoy to teach and share knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Strong collaboration with other roles in the Scrum team
- Drive to continuously improve
- Take ownership of the build, run and change process
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Together with the world Wildlife Fund, we’re helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil;
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organisations that are a second home to many people.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself within an engineering culture? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary is scaled in function group 8-9; Between € 3.300,00 and € 5.383,00 (36 hours)
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary); you decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving extra cash on a monthly basis;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Good to know:
- Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Senior Recruiter Frank Simons: Frank.firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!