Senior Credit Risk Modeller
Imagine that a large part of the risk capital of Rabobank is in your hands. As a Senior Credit Risk Modeller, you can make a difference by leading the restructuring of our modelling landscape. In doing so, you rely on your experience and clear vision of the field of risk analysis and modelling. You understand the entire field of play, you are familiar with the extensive regulatory framework and are capable of withstanding the rigours of an environment where there are conflicts of interest. In fact, you actually enjoy developing quantitative solutions to complex problems within these frameworks. You work with colleagues, experts and stakeholders to develop risk models with a positive impact on the lives of millions of people. This impact is both direct and indirect, because thanks to innovative assessment models, we are able to maintain a healthy credit portfolio and a good capital buffer. This benefits not just us and our customers, but also the many charitable causes that Rabobank supports.
Making a difference
- Developing, maintaining and improving credit risk models for various purposes, including determining the capital buffer, credit approval and developing warning systems.
- Continuous improvement of the entire modelling process. This includes querying data sources, making modelling decisions, responding to regulations, documentation and implementation.
- Writing code in modern programming languages and software applications, such as Python, GIT and SQL.
- Responding to current and future regulations and market developments by collaborating with experts and stakeholders.
- Actively contributing to improving the working processes in the team. You share your knowledge, co-ordinate activities and coach colleagues with less experience.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Group Credit Models - Portfolio team brings talented people together to develop A-IRB models (Advanced Internal Ratings Based) and other risk models for a wide range of portfolios. These include mortgages and consumer financing, SMEs, corporate banking, securitisations, property, agriculture and project financing. Each portfolio has its own team. Our preference and your own will decide which team you join. We'll find the best match together. One thing is certain: you'll work side by side with talented colleagues and experts from all over the world in an internationally-oriented setting. With you as a Senior Credit Risk Modeller, the team will consist of some 140 colleagues, including:
Martin, Team Lead Corporate PD Modelling Team: “The atmosphere in the team can best be described as ‘think smart, dress casually’. The way we work together reflects the co-operative mentality at Rabobank. And while the workload is heavy sometimes, we always take the time to help each other if needed. Different perspectives and insights make us stronger. Our team's core task is quantitative, statistical analysis based on data. Of course, we consult many stakeholders, including the business, the IT implementation team, audit and the regulator.”
Customer focus, analytical skills, a constructively critical eye and a flexible, result-oriented attitude are clearly essential for the role of Senior Credit Risk Modeller. You feel completely at home in a dynamic working environment. Short lines of communication, clear communication and knowledge sharing are essential to you. You are a valued conversation partner for your direct colleagues, for stakeholders and for the management. You also stand by the choices you make – choices that you can explain and justify effectively. In addition, it's important that you recognise yourself in the checklist below:
- a master's or PhD in econometrics, mathematics, physics or a comparable field;
- at least five years' experience as a Credit Risk Modeller, preferably with leadership experience;
- experience with developing IRB models (PD, LGD and EAD);
- experience with programming in Python and/or SQL. If you also have experience with other programming languages or GIT, this is to your advantage;
- excellent communication skills in English. You are good at interpreting, probing, explaining and presenting.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our ‘Growing a better world together’ mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- “Working on a new generation of risk models that don't just comply with the requirements of regulatory bodies, but also allow us to expand our reach and help more people, communities and societies to grow and develop.”
- “We never stop thinking about the future. We're investing 3.8 billion Euros in sustainable electricity generation, so that future generations can live in a cleaner world.”
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and take the initiative. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between €4426,06 and €6322,94;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (11% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- flexible working times and location-independent working (within the Netherlands). You work partly on location in Utrecht and partly from home, depending on the corona regulations;
- a home working allowance and/or reimbursement of commuting costs;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3.5%.
Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Senior Credit Risk Modeller and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this position, including a CV and motivation letter.
Good to know:
- Apply via the button "Apply now".
- Sven van Buuren, recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. If you would like to find out more about this, please click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!