Regulatory Expert - Credit Risk
Credit Model Methodology Expert (Senior)
Guide and Influence the Field of Credit Risk Modelling: Strategically Drive Methodological Excellence Across a Global Team of 300+ Professionals.
You and your job
As a Methodology Expert in the Credit Model Methodology team, you are on top of the regulatory and internal requirements around credit risk modelling. You get energy from sharing your expertise with more than 300 modelers building credit risk models for a variety of use cases such as regulatory capital, provisioning, and stress testing. You are keen to build up your network of people interested in quantitative subjects, both in- and outside of Rabobank. You are able to combine your expertise with the portfolio specific knowledge gathered from Tribe Credit Analytics Areas, and create modelling frameworks that apply to the entire Tribe.
- Deep dive in a newly published regulatory piece and write an opinion piece on the interpretation
- Be the methodological gatekeeper for methodological decisions that are impacting the whole Tribe Credit Analytics
- Be member of the Methodology Decision Board to issue guidance on day-to-day methodological dilemmas
Facts & Figures
- 36 or 40 hours per week
- Part of Tribe Credit Analytics which develops, implements and maintains credit risk models globally for the entire Rabobank
- 43,822 Rabobank colleagues around the world
- Create new credit modelling frameworks or revise existing ones (e.g. IRB modelling, Margin of Conservatism) based on user feedback or most recent regulatory and technical developments
- Carry out quality assurance of the model submissions to internal model validation
- Bridge the gap between complex regulatory requirements and the practical application within the team, all while maintaining robust stakeholder relationships to foster mutual understanding and cooperation
Together we achieve more than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our team at Credit Model Methodology under broader Methodology & Strategy Team of Tribe Credit Analytics.
The twelve people in Credit Model Methodology Team is responsible for setting the methodological direction for Tribe Credit Analytics in the field of credit risk modelling, with emphasis on IRB and IFRS 9 modelling. Working together is the way we work; as 1 effective, results-driven, expert team at Rabobank. Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,5000,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
You are strong in regulatory content regarding IRB and/or IFRS 9, and you can strike the right balance between pragmatism and idealism. You have a technical background, and you are able to explain complex concepts in simple terms. In addition to that, you:
- Hold a master’s or PhD degree in a relevant area such as Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Actuarial Sciences or a comparable field;
- Possess at least 7 years of experience in banking, supervision or consulting in the field credit risk modelling or validation;
- Have sound knowledge of credit risk parameters; regulatory capital modelling/calculation under A-IRB, or loan loss provision calculation under IFRS 9, as well as credit risk management;
- Are an independent thinker with a creative and proactive mindset, but also value collaboration and demonstrate strong teamwork skills, with a focus on delivering feasible solutions;
- Are not afraid to dive into technical details and know your way around;
- Have strong communication skills in technical and non-technical environments;
- Are proficient in programming, preferably in Python;
- Have an excellent command of English.
This is what we offer you
- Gross salary between € 5,678 and € 8,111 per month (scale 11)
- Thirteenth month salary and holiday pay
- An extra Employee Benefit Budget (11% of your monthly salary) to be used at your discretion. Buy extra holiday hours, add more to your pension savings or ask for part of the extra budget to be paid out
This is a selection of the terms of employment for a Credit Model Methodology Expert based on a 36 hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment.
You and the job application process
Are you ready to join Credit Model Methodology team as Credit Model Methodology Expert and make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application.
Good to know:
- Questions about the position can be directed to Federico Ursi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maaike Koster, recruiter, would be happy to answer your questions about the application and hiring process at email@example.com
- Your privacy is important to us. If you would like to find out more about this, please click on this link.
- A security check is part of the process.
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on rabobank.jobs/en/faq.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!