(Senior) Automation Engineer
(Senior) Automation Engineer
As a (Senior) Automation Engineer you will work in an internationally environment and being part of one of the most diverse teams within Rabobank. You are the one who can take Rabobank to ‘’the next level’’. Being a large organization, inefficiencies tend to emerge within departments. With a fresh look at things and the strong tendency to improve inefficient processes, you can make a difference.
You and your job
As a (Senior) Automation Engineer you will work closely with Rabobank Wholesale & Rural Operations business departments worldwide to make their processes more efficient. You will have all automation technology available within Rabobank in your toolbox to achieve this, amongst others Robotics (RPA), Oracle Databases, the entire Microsoft 365 suite including RPA, VBA Macros, Power Automate, Power Apps etc. That being said, the current focus of your role with be within Robotics (RPA). With your programming knowledge you will help and mentor the junior members of the team to elevate the team as a whole.
- A department was struggling to determine the correct fees for their clients, as this process was very manual, labor-intensive and sensitive to errors. After determining what the process of fee calculations entailed, the engineer was able to find out what the golden source of the data was. The robot that was built was able to retrieve that data automatically, calculate the correct fee and send automatic invoices to the client, saving many hours and wrong statements.
- Part of writing a credit application meant that a credit analyst had to fill out a great amount of information from different systems into the format of the credit template, which could take 2hours of preparation time. The automated solution fetched all the information from those systems, added them to the credit application and made it available for the analyst, all within 5 minutes.
Facts & Figures
- 40 hours per week
- Flexible way of working: work from home, in the office or hybrid
- 46,959 Rabobank colleagues around the world
- Engaging with the business and determine the current work process and the desired future state by analyzing different data and process flows.
- Determining a business value of a business case
- Able to apply a ESSA (Eliminate, Simplify, Standardize, Automate) analysis on the processes
- Advising on technical solutions (with the available environments, technologies and procedure available with Rabobank)
- Working closely with IT specialists, IT and business architects, Robotics COE and the business.
- Focusing on optimizing the best automation solutions for the identified current inefficient working processes within the Rabobank Wholesale Rural & Retail departments. Solutions include all automation technology available within Rabobank.
- Following the Agile and Lean way of working methodologies (daily stand up, scrums, sprints etc)
- You ensure Wholesale & Rural Operations is at the forefront when it comes to new developments in the area of digitization and AI;
- Focuses on increasing our customer and employee satisfaction as well as reducing risk;
- Coaching the juniors in the team and challenge them to increase their skills and experience.
Together we achieve more than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our team at Robotics & Automation.
“Very useful, I’m a happy user of your work!
Finally an real improvement that actually makes our work easier instead of adding additional workload!”
Victor Heukensfeldt Jansen, analyst Leveraged Lending
The 6 people in Robotics & Automations work closely together to come with the best solution to remove inefficiencies in the process of the bank. Working together is the way we work; as 1 effective and pragmatic team at Rabobank. Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,5000,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- HBO/Master degree;
- Proven Knowledge / Experience / Certifications on RPA tools/platforms as Kofax, UI Path, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism etc.
- Ability to work in a pressurised and rapid changing environment
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the box and consider and present multiple high level solutions
- A drive from working directly with business and IT experts to analyse and optimise current process through automation.
- Strong team-player.
This is what we offer you
- A salary between € 3.959,74 and €5.655,50 gross per month (scale 9).
- An extra budget of 11% of your gross monthly salary to be used at your discretion. Buy extra holiday hours, add more to your pension savings or ask for part of the extra budget to be paid out.
- A budget of € 750- to set up your home working space and a monthly home working allowance of up to € 40.
- A personal development budget of € 1.400.
This is a selection of the terms of employment for a Senior Automation Engineer based on a 36-hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment.
You and the job application process
Apply to the Robotics & Automation via the ‘’Apply now’’ button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Any questions about the job content? Contact: Harry de Bruijn, Head of Robotics, via Harry.de.Bruijn@rabobank.com or 06 25 69 52 25.
- Any questions about working at Rabobank and the process? Charlotte Dullaert, Recruiter, via Charlotte.Dullaert@rabobank.nl.
- We will hold the interviews through a video call.
- A security check is part of the process.
We respect your privacy.