Job Overview & Purpose*:
The Senior Analyst forms part of the Support Hub, also made up of Associate Analysts and Analysts, whom collectively provide valuable prudential and client relationship support to account managers (Rural and Branch Managers) to enable them to develop new business, manage existing client accounts and to enable our clients to reach their goals and aspirations.
A Senior Analyst is responsible for providing financial analysis and credit submissions for more complex or larger accounts and client engagement. A Senior Analyst’s skills and experience will be drawn upon to coach and mentor other members of the Support Hub.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities*:
• Actively support the Rural Manager(s) in responding with a high level of proficiency to the requirements of new and existing clients across all regions within Country Banking.
• Promote a culture of recognising the value of collaboration by engaging in effective and valuable communication with Rural Managers in deal planning to meet client expectations.
• Experienced in the preparation of complex loan applications including those being submitted to Credit Committee from initiation of deal through to settlement. Knowledge and experience to be able to undertake this work independently or as an active member of a deal team for these applications.
• Critically analyse and interpret complex financial statements and identify relevant industry trends to a consistently high standard.
• Manage credit risk by accurately identifying all risks inherent in credit exposures and ensure compliance with Credit approvals and loan documentation.
• Proactively engage with Rural Manager(s) to develop and implement an account strategy for clients where required.
• Manages a quality assurance function to Support Hub Managers in reviewing Associate Analysts’ and Analysts’ credit submissions to ensure that they are of a high standard to reduce reworks.
• Liaise with all relevant parties to ensure that documentation and settlements are processed promptly and accurately and be able to escalate issues when required.
• Advocate best practice within the region and when undertaking work as allocated by regional Support Hub Manager.
• Utilise appropriate workflow tools and processes to provide key stakeholders with clear oversight on workload and capacity.
• Prepare and submit Credit Reviews to a high standard in line with Bank policy and procedure as directed by Support Hub Manager.
• Ensure that covenants and special conditions for > $10M files within the region are being monitored and reviewed in a timely manner.
• Translate, provide guidance and advice to less experienced staff within the region on changes to policy and procedure, compliance, legal and system updates.
• Work collaboratively with the Manager Finance Officer Support and Support Hub Manager to foster an environment of continuous improvement within Country Banking.
• Act as a mentor to other Analysts and Associate Analysts within the Region.
• Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with Country Banking Credit, Major Agribusiness Clients (MAC) Analysts and Major Agribusiness Clients (MAC) Credit.
• Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures at all times including Audit, Credit, Compliance and Business Continuity.
• Undertake administrative work as required, including responding to telephone and branch enquiries and general liaison with clients, other service providers, branches and other stakeholders.
• Other duties are directed.
• Tertiary qualifications in agriculture, business, finance or related discipline.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role within banking, finance or agriculture.
• Strong experience working within a customer service environment.
• Strong knowledge of rural industry.
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to understand and interpret highly complex financial statements.
• Ability to conduct and comprehend highly complex financial analysis.
• Ability to confidently write a complex credit submission with limited support from peers.
• Possess a strong understanding of clients with sophisticated and complex credit structures.
• Ability to identify risks and associated mitigants within credit submission.
• High level of communication skills both written and verbal.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Highly proactive, adaptable and flexible in their approach to work.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external clients.
• Capacity to work towards timeframe and manage client expectations.
• Highly developed planning and organisational skills to manage competing priorities.
• Ability to work effectively within a Team environment and provide supervision and guidance when needed.
• Customer Focus – Engaging the customer in dialogue. Detecting and listing customers’ wishes and needs. Responding and anticipating to this, putting customer interest first. Thinking and acting from the customer’s perspective. Staying focused on creating added value for the customer (customer value) and improving the service provision.
• Partnership – Contributing to a joint result based on the philosophy of reciprocal value creation. Seeking collaboration and supporting others. Showing commitment to the joint objective and acting accordingly. Sharing information and knowledge with others. Achieving and connecting synergies.
• Networking – Building, expanding and maintaining a network of internal and external contacts and relations. Creating the conditions for long-term customer relationships. Forming communities by bringing relevant stakeholders together.
• Communication – Delivers a strong and coordinated message. Ensures transparency.
• Problem Solving – Substantiating (strategic and operational) choices and actions based on sounds problem analysis. Collecting relevant information, analysing data and correlating. Drawing correct and realistic conclusions.
• Organising & Monitoring – Organising work systematically, effectively and efficiently. Exhibit cost-consciousness. Monitor progress of tasks, activities and processes, and take action where necessary.