Risk Model Engineer - ALM
that you are part of the end to end model development cycle of Rabobank risk models from prototyping to production. Imagine that you are part of a diverse team with quantitative and IT backgrounds bringing together finance and banking, risk modelling, analytics and software engineering knowledges in one place.
Making a difference
As a Junior/Medior Risk Model Engineer (depending on experience) for the ALM team, you are a sparring partner for your team, stakeholders and the business in translating advance algorithms into live, robust and easily accessible software engines.
Working as a risk model engineer in the CMLib team, your activities would include:
- Optimization and maintenance of the Rabobank’s Credit Risk Modelling Library (CMLib)
- Understanding and implementing prototyped mathematical models (involving supervised Machine Learning algorithms …), which are used to manage Rabobank’s portfolio risk exposure.
- Monitoring trends, staying up to date with new IT technologies and programing techniques in keeping CMLib relevant.
- Managing stakeholders (including model developers, validators and monitoring teams ..) throughout different stages of each assigned project.
- Connecting risk modelling area to CMLib by mastering the mathematics and algorithms behind the models and the library’s architecture to optimise its implementation in the Credit Modelling Library.
- Reviewing and updating models and documentation currently available in the Credit Modelling Library. Activities may include refactoring the codes to enhance the accuracy and run time performance or writing different tests for model robustness.
- Proactively developing self and others to sustain RME team knowledge growth and optimize RME ways of working across all feature teams.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. The Risk Model Engineering (RME) is positioned within the Risk Analytics domain. As a team, we are responsible for bringing models onto the Rabobank cloud-based platform CAS.
Our team brings diverse and talented individuals together across different features to continuously enhance Rabobank modelling platform. Your day to day job as a Risk model engineer can take you through different landscapes (modelling, analytics and software engineering).
Hossein, Risk Model Engineer
“As a quantitative analyst and developer, I feel privileged to be part of the Risk Model Engineering (RME) family. This is due to the fact that I am working in an environment, where I can develop further my soft skills in addition to the technical and theoretical ones. What I also like the most, is the nature of my day-to-day tasks, which enable me to contribute in different projects all across the credit risk department. These expose me to new challenges every day and encourage myself to keep push the boundaries and learn on the spot. In other words, my role truly helps me to envision how I contribute into the Rabobank’s long-term strategy by adding value to our clients as a rock-solid bank.”
Barrie, Risk modelling Engineer
“RME offers a nice balance between software development, modelling and business analytics and gives me the opportunity to specialize in any of these fields.”
Willingness to take ownership, independent working and being a great collaborator , innovative and thirst to learn and grow are part of your DNA. In addition, it's important that you recognise yourself in the checklist below:
- MSc or PhD degree in quantitative domain or related topic ( e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, Quantitative Finance),
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in quantitative development, analytics, credit risk modelling or similar role,
- A solid mathematical knowledge in the supervised machine learning techniques would be advantageous,
- Excellent skills in software engineering as well as algorithm design and development in Python,
- Proven Experience in object oriented programming in Python,
- Affinity with techniques and optimization methods, which enhance the run time execution in Python,
- Expertise in test driven development as well as the knowledge of implementing tests such as unit test and integration test around a model,
- Proactive self-starter, ability to learn quickly and to take initiative,
- Analytical ability to synthesise information and summarize issues,
- A drive for excellence with a constant desire to challenge the status quo for operational excellence,
- Good command of English, both speaking and writing,
- Good stakeholders management,
- Willing to work in agile environment.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary on scale 8 or 9 (depending on seniority level),
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay,
- an Employee Benefit Budget; You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out,
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career,
- flexible working times and location independent working,
- 100 % Reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance,
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Risk Modelling Engineer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and our society? We would like to hear from you and to receive your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Respond via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Hila Leupen-Turabaz, Senior Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Hila.Leupen-Turabaz@rabobank.nl.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Sourcing Board Data & Analytics. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!