IT Risk Control Partner
You and your job
Rabobank is the bank of today and tomorrow. We are transforming our processes in solutions to our customers; safe, fast, easy. Digital transformation is part of our daily life. Next to all advantages we face new challenges in IT, like threats and risks. To avoid any digital risk, to meet the needs and wants of our customers and stakeholders we have IT Riskmanagement in place. As a IT risk control partner, you make an important contribution to the (first-line) monitoring of business risks, including Business Continuity Management, Information Security, IT Risk and Identity Access Management. You increase awareness of risks and support the organization by offering all information that the organization needs in the field of Risk Management. You provide first-line monitoring at tactical and operational level to be in control. We work according a structured and standardized process. Our way of working and especially our expertise helps the tech domains to master Riskmanagement in their daily practice.
As a team we are successful if awareness and maturity of our business partners has grown to a compliance level that surpasses legislation and prevents any risk we can face in IT. You role is to advice, stimulate, guard and coach different stakeholders within the IT organisation. As a business partner in Riskmanagement you know how to translate guidelines, processes, meeting structure, tooling and timelines into a embed in the daily life of IT teams.
Objective of the IT Risk Control function:
- Creating awareness and maturity within the IT domains
- Prevend, assess and mitigate IT Risks
- Work according planning and qualitative objectives, to meet regulations and guidelines.
Facts & Figures
- 14 Risk areas in IT
- IT organization; ~8000 colleagues
- Risk managers in the chapter: ~30
In your role as IT risk Control Partner you focus on preparing and taking care of the Risk & Control processes for themes such as privacy, data management, fraud, SOX, and technology. You do this by, among other things:
- Creating Risk awareness and stimulate ownership in our IT business domains
- Challenge control and process owners
- Enter into a dialogue with involved stakeholders
- Create a culture of risk prevention and management by the business
- Take care of the control process
- Assess risks and assessing IT controls
- Execution of the annual control cycle including validation of performed controls
- Independently come to a view on effectiveness of controls
- Identify connections between the different frameworks and ensure efficient implementation
- Collaborate with Risk Managers from operational risk management process
- Make improvement proposals to improve yourself and the team
- Ensure that the proposed actions resulting from audits are followed up
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of quality and policy
- Help with the implementation of actions resulting from the audit results
- And thereby contribute to improve customer experience.
Together we achieve more
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's unique skills, competences and characteristics is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our FLMC team at Rabobank.
‘As a riskmanager you are securing banking for your customers. That’s where you are making an impact’.
Ibrahim Nijad, IT Risk Manager
Working at Rabobank IT - Risk Manager - YouTube
The 60 people in the FLMC team bring together talents to challenge and support the organization in gaining and maintaining control over business risk, in line with our mission 'Driving Secure Banking Together'. As a Risk Manager, you are part of a diverse team with different roles, skills, talents and expertise complementing each other. Together we share experiences and learn from each other every day. This is supported by the culture and environment we create within the team. Working together is the way we work; as 1 passionate team at Rabobank. Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,5000,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
Customer focus, collaboration, result orientation, focus and persuasiveness are essential for the success of a Risk Manager. It is very important you meet the qualities below:
- You are analytically strong and focus on improvements
- You have a focus on delivering quality
- You are result-oriented
- You like to work in a team
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have mastered the Dutch (preferred) and English (required) language in word and writing
- You have a good sense of humour
- 3 years of experience in Risk Management and IT
- Basic knowledge of Business Continuity Management, Information Security, IT Risk, Identity Access Management, Compliance & Privacy
This is what we offer you
- up to €6,481.96 gross per month (scale 9 or 10, based upon experience)
- an extra budget of 10% or 11% of your gross monthly salary to be used at your discretion. Buy extra holiday hours, add more to your pension savings or ask for part of the extra budget to be paid out.
- a combination of working from home and at the office
This is a selection of the terms of employment for a IT Risk Manager based on a 36-hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment.
You and the job application process
- Any questions about the job content? Contact: Robert Stallen, Lead Control Partner via Robert.Stallen@rabobank.nl.
- Any questions about working at Rabobank and the process? Christiaan van der Horst, IT recruiter via christiaan.van.der.Horst@rabobank.nl.
- We will hold the interviews through a video call.
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on Frequently asked questions - Careers at Rabobank
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy.