Job Overview & Purpose:
The Analyst (Relationship) forms part of the Regional Team, whom collectively provide valuable prudential and client relationship support to Account Managers (Rural and Branch Managers) to enable them to develop new business, manage existing client accounts and to enable our clients to reach their goals and aspirations.
An Analyst (Relationship) is responsible for acting as an additional formal point of contact for client, client advisors, oversight of journey from client request to settlement, responsible for initiating all associated branch prudential management tasks, comprehensive CDD risk analysis in AML/CTF, KYC requirements and other associated day to day operational tasks.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Actively support the Account Manager(s) in responding quickly and efficiently to the requirements of new and existing clients.
- Promote a culture of recognising the value of collaboration by engaging in effective and valuable communication with Account Managers in deal planning to meet client expectations.
- Actively engage in the preparation of all loan applications.
- Proven ability to complete this work independently or with minimal assistance from the Account Manager(s).
- Ability to interpret and execute branch prudential management tasks, moderately complex CDD risk analysis in AML/CTF, KYC and other associated operational tasks.
- Required to liaise with all relevant parties to ensure that documentation and settlements are processed promptly and accurately.
- Adopt and promote best practice within the region and when undertaking work as allocated by Branch Manager.
- Utilise appropriate workflow tools and processes to provide key stakeholders with clear oversight on workload and capacity.
- Collaborate with Account Managers on client reviews in line with Bank policy and procedure.
- Monitor loan arrears and accounts in excess liaising with Rural Manager(s) and taking the appropriate action as directed from a commercial and prudential perspective.
- Work collaboratively with Branch Manager, Account Managers and Risk & Compliance Manager to foster an environment of continuous improvement within Country Banking.
- Develop and maintain strong internal relationships within the broader Rabobank network.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures at all times including Audit, Credit, Compliance and Business Continuity.
- Attend farm visits with Account Manager in negotiation with the Branch Manager.
- Undertake administrative work as required, including responding to telephone and branch enquiries and general liaison with clients, other service providers, branches and other stakeholders.
- Other duties are directed.
Market and Customer Focus
- Demonstrate a passion for customer service excellence.
- Anticipate and act on customer needs quickly and effectively.
- Passion for Agribusiness.
Synergy and Partnership
- Build connections across branches, functions and regions
- Foster open dialogue and encourage a free flow of information.
Vision and Strategy
- Build/contribute to a shared team vision.
- Create an environment of accountability.
- Continually strive to improve performance and results.
- Pursue work with energy, drive and commitment.
- Work to achieve agreed goals and objectives.
Inspire and Develop
- Engage and inspire other members in the team.
- Act as a role model.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role or within banking, finance or agriculture (as a guide).
- Ability to interpret and execute branch prudential management tasks and other associated operational tasks.
- Strong understanding of risk analysis in AML/CTF and KYC requirements.
- Possess a strong understanding of client structures.
- Experience working within a customer service environment.
- Strong knowledge of rural industry.
- Strong communication at all levels both written and verbal.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external clients.
- Capacity to work towards timeframe and manage client expectations.
- Developed planning and organisational skills to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with no supervision and within a team environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in agriculture, business, finance or related discipline.
Policy & Decision-Making Freedom:
• Country Banking Executive
• Country Banking Branch Staff – Credit Analysts, Relationship Analysts, Risk & Compliance Managers, Head of Relationship Management and Account Managers including Major Agribusiness Clients
• Country Banking & Major Agribusiness Clients Credit
• Credit Approvals – Credit Risk Australia
• Country Banking Legal
• Settlement Managers – Credit Risk Australia
• Operational Risk & Compliance
• Finance & Control
• Continuous Improvement Team
• Clients (current & prospective)
• Agri Professionals
• Industry Contacts
Key Performance Indicators:
(Measures of successful performance in the role relating to the Key Accountabilities and In Control indicators)
• Specific targets on qualitative & quantitative operational tasks
• Implementation of process improvements to improve cycle times, speed to market and staff engagement.
• Minimise the number of overdue prudential items, including reviews within the Region.
• Minimise the number of Marginal findings.
• Achieve minimum Revenue target.
• Achieve minimum target for ‘Bank’ rated NPS.
• Regional prudential management and comprehensive CDD risk analysis in AML/CTF, KYC requirements
Specific details listed in CB AU Scorecard