Project Finance Analyst/Associate
Rabobank Wholesale Banking North America is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
The Project Finance Specialist is a key member of the growing Project Finance Americas team, responsible for helping to build a specialized sector financing business by generating, structuring, analysing, executing, and monitoring prudent and profitable renewable energy and corporate client-related project financing transactions, and developing a high quality client base.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The PF Specialist will be responsible for:
- Assist in developing, maintaining and growing a strong client base on which to build an expanding financing business, and maintaining a visible and positive presence in the market representing Rabobank
- Assist in identifying business opportunities, and converting them to profitable transactions through expert structuring, credit analysis and efficient documentation and closing
- Assist in managing transactions through the internal credit process by consultation, analysis, structuring, and communication with credit, regional, and business line managers
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring a portfolio of loans including, as needed, expansions, refinancings, restructurings, exits, etc., based on risk analysis.
- Assist in cross-selling existing Rabobank products including derivatives, and looking for new Rabobank products to adapt and cross-sell
- Assist in developing new products and techniques in changing markets in collaboration with credit, clients, other lenders, etc.
- Global PF, Wholesale Corporate Banking (primarily food and agribusiness), capital markets (including derivatives and syndications), credit risk management, Sustainability, Americas region, operations (middle and back office)
- Clients, sponsors (investors in clients), other lenders in bank clubs/syndicates, legal and technical advisors, industry interest groups (e.g., AWEA - American Wind Energy Association)
- BA in business from top school
- 1-4 years of project finance or investment banking experience at a financial institution
- Basic accounting
- Auditing, building and manipulating cash flow models
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Communications skills (oral and written)
- Operation of money markets and capital markets
- 1-4 years of energy/infrastructure project finance experience at a financial institution, credit rating agency or related experience
- CFA qualifications
- Series 79/63
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rabobank, Rabo AgriFinance, and Rabo Diversified Services (“Rabo”) all provide equal employment opportunities for all prospective and current employees.
Rabo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military service or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Consistent with this policy, Rabo recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles and ensure that all personnel actions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to the protected factors listed above. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including application, hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.