Ops Engineer - Squad "Push the Button"
Within your squad ‘Push the Button’ you are responsible for configuring applications and managing the Digital Connect solution for the business insurances in the Insurance & Pension Tribe of the Rabobank.
As an Operations Engineer it is your responsibility to run and change the applications within our IT systems. Besides the regular support activities, you implement change requests based on broad knowledge of ITIL processes.
Making a difference
As an Operations Engineer you are an active member of the Ops team, working closely with other disciplines/roles. You are a T-shaped professional and able to combine one or more technical specialties with the ability to take over basic activities of other specialists in your team (analysis, development and testing). You have general knowledge of software development and knowledge of the business domain that you work for. An intrinsic drive to personal development in new specialties is key to success as an Operations Engineer. Being flexible and taking ownership forms the mindset that is necessary for this function. Together with the team you are driving and initiating delivery innovation. The complexity of the job is in the constant balance between running and changing.
About your team & work environment
You will be part of the Push the Button Squad. Push the button is part of the Commercial Lines area within the Tribe Insurance & Pension. As a tribe, we have the goal to become the best, most innovative and data-driven insurance and pension intermediary in the Netherlands, with a focus on high customer and employee satisfaction. Within the area Commercial Lines we strive to become the best and most innovative insurance and pension intermediary for our customers.
- Dutch is Mandatory;
- Continuity is your highest goal (Incident- and Problem management, active Monitoring);
- Affinity with technology;
- Knowledge of and experience with Agile, SCRUM, Lean and ITIL;
- Knowledge of CI/CD Pipeline, release management and deployment process;
- Hands on experience with WAS v8.5, Linux RHEL7, Splunk;
- Ldap, XLDeploy, GIT, NEXUS, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, JIRA, Grafana, Service Manager would be a pré;
- Applicable knowledge of and experience with the combination of business domain and related IT chains;
- A basic mind-set of continuous improvement, flexibility and taking ownership. You focus on automating work in and around the team;
- You are able to convince people independently within the team and stakeholders outside the team of release deliverables and quality standards;
- You know how to assess risks and distinguish main issues from side issues;
- You are able to ensure controlled change – in accordance with quality standards and the required non-functional – of the applications using the standard processes (change-, release management);
- You can carry out activities in the area of automated (test) environment coordination and life cycle management;
- You are able to combine one or more technical specialties with the capability of taking over basic activities of other specialists on the team (analysis, development and testing);
- You have experience with working in a dynamic international environment
- You have experience in implementing the Global Application Management processes, tools and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written English and Dutch
- Align and drive service level agreements with business and IT vendors.
- Result driven
- Client focus
- Organize and monitor
- Proactivity and initiate improvements, change driven
- Communication power
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Together with the world Wildlife Fund, we’re helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil.
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organisations that are a second home to many people.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36/40 hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary scaled in function group 9 (€ 3.600 - € 5.250).
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving extra cash on a monthly basis.
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Risk professional and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Petro Mudde, IT Lead, via Petro.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Floris Rank, IT Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Floris.email@example.com.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.