Operations Engineer (OneLab)
Imagine ... more and more new innovative data services for our colleagues and customers. A platform with which data scientists can continue to innovate. A state-of-the-art environment, with both on-premise machines and an environment in the Azure cloud. And you make an impact as a Azure Platform Engineer by maintaining, managing and further developing a robust Advanced Analytics Platform. You monitor the performance of systems and offer (ad hoc) solutions to keep the platform running.
In One Lab you experiment with new tools and applications that help in the production of data science solutions. For example, with the help of Azure Machine Learning capabilities we enable our data scientists to solve complex problems and deliver analysis products.
With a training budget, you can keep abreast of new developments in platform engineering. In addition, there is plenty of room within the department to learn new methods and to apply technologies in the field of Azure Data Engineering.
Making a difference
- You contribute to the management and improvement of our Advanced Analytics Platform.
- You play a central role in the migration of our platform to the Cloud.
- Improving operational processes through further automation.
- And strengthen the team by proactively proposing system and process improvements.
With each other
Working together is at the heart of everything we do. Within Tribe Data & Analytics we join forces to deliver professional (big) data and advanced analytics innovations. This allows Rabobank to optimize its services to increase our added value for the customer. With you there we have a team of 6 people who manage the Advanced Analytics Platform together. We are part of the Analytical Competence Centre Area in Tribe Data & Analytics.
Michael Plet, Platform Engineer: "As a platform engineer, I work with smart and creative people who make data-driven products in an innovative environment. I work closely with data scientist, data engineers and business consultants to keep our big data environment healthy and expand it further. Every day is different. Every day has its own challenges, but together we do great things and make it happen. This makes Rabobank a great place to work!
It goes without saying that customer focus, innovation, result-oriented and initiating improvement are indispensable for this function Platform Engineer. In addition, it is important that you recognize yourself in the checklist below:
- A completed bachelor or master degree in Computer Science or similar;
- Knowledge of Azure, Azure DevOps, Azure Resource Groups, Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Synapse, Azure Machine Learning and DataBricks
- You are a generalist with regard to infrastructure engineering: you are good with Linux, you have experience with virtualization and understand the different concepts such as scripting, networking, routing, firewalling and various storage solutions, both on-premise and on the Azure Cloud;
- Security, authentication and authorization (oAuth / LDAP / Kerberos) experience;
- Knowledge of container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes in an Azure infrastructure;
- Knowledge of Python, Terraform, Ansible is an advantage;
- Proficiency in both the Dutch and English language.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Together with the world Wildlife Fund, we’re helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil;
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organisations that are a second home to many people.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself within an engineering culture? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary is scaled in function group 8-9; Between € 3.300,00 and € 5.383,00 (36 hours)
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary); you decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving extra cash on a monthly basis;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until 31 July 2021 Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Senior Recruiter Jonathan Moreno Gonzalez: Jonathan.Moreno.Gonzalez@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Are you our new colleague who wants to strengthen Rabobank as a Platform Engineer? And in this way want to make a difference for yourself, our customers and society? We would like to receive your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.