Operations Engineer Datawarehouse
Operations Engineer Datawarehouse
Imagine that you are working in a team which is responsible for the datalogistics for the lending domain. A current solution is already in production for a long time, but main focus is on developing a brand new datawarehouse. This datawarehouse has to be of high quality because of regulatory requirements; completeness, precision and timeliness are key. The fundament of the new system is in production since a short period; some requirements have yet to be realised and next to that a variety of source systems need to be connected and that data needs to be delivered to our users.
The datawarehouse is based on a model-driven approach and uses datawarehouse automation via a framework.
Furthermore, image that you work in a team which strives to be a High Performing Team. We believe that the solvency of our teams is inexhaustible. Therefore we aim to use the qualities of our team members to the fullest potential. Your opinion and ideas are taken seriously. Fun, ownership and trust in each other form the fundament of our team. We work conform DevOps and Agile/Scrum-principles. We improve ourselves continuously within these methods, so we can use the capabilities or these methods as much as possible in order to achieve the best possible results.
As an Operations Engineer, you can make a difference:
- In proactively monitoring the applications (e.g. SM9, PowerBI and specific monitoring tools).
- In analysing & solving production issues.
- In automating maintenance tasks as much as possible.
- In testing (PAT) and releasing new deliveries.
- In capacity management.
- In managing and supporting infra changes such as hardware, middleware, connections.
- In lifecycle management of the software (e.g. upgrades Wherescape, Powercenter).
- In contributing in your team by doing other tasks from a T-shape perspective.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Data & Reporting team brings talented people together to host our current datalogistics system, but the main focus is on our new datawarehouse. With you as an Operations Engineer the team will consist of almost 55 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
- Business Analysts
- Software Engineers (Development and Test)
- Operations Engineers
Customer focus, collaboration and persuasive communication are clearly essential for the role of Operations Engineer Datawarehouse.
In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- >5 years working experience in banking IT.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or other relevant studies at an academic working level.
- Knowledge of and experience with Datawarehousing.
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- ETL-tooling (preferably Wherescape and/or Informatica Powercenter).
- Oracle, Linux.
- Shell scripting.
- It is an advantage when you have knowledge of and experience with
- Oracle Exadata, HP SM9, Splunk, ITWS Scheduling, PowerBI.
- Knowledge of and experience with Agile, Scrum, DevOps and ITIL.
- You are self-conscious, you are aware of your unique qualities and you know how to use them to your fullest potential.
- You are a T-shaped professional and you have therefore a natural drive to dive into other related areas in the team (analysis, development and/or testing).
- Continuous improvement is the basic mind-set of the Operations Engineer, which is strongly focused on automating work in and around the team;
- The Operations Engineer is able to balance the stakes, at any time in the development process, between the quality to be delivered, urgency and speed, risks and the continuity of the (banking) processes. To ensure quality with different colleagues (team members, product owner, etc), you have persuasive communication skills. You bring up good arguments and ensure that your tone of voice connects to your colleague, by doing that you gain commitment towards your point.
- You are result driven, you work towards a result conform “one-time-right”-principle.
Growing a better world together
You will already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Yearly we invest heavily in the Dutch voluntary sector. We support 1250 organisations for sports and culture, which are a second home for many people.
- In a project with Humanitas we help people with financial problems, struggling to organise their home finances.
- Together with Refugee Work Netherlands we help 1.500 refugees to find a suitable job.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between 3100 Euro and 4500 Euro, depending on experience
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- an Employee Benefit Budget . You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout.
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as an Operations Engineer Datawarehouse and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Eindhoven.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until, asap. Apply via the button “Apply now”.
- Lois Hageman, Senior Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via email@example.com.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!