Operational Risk Manager
Working in a dynamic, international environment very close to the business and its clients and having the opportunity to swiftly grow. Imagine being required to provide timely and effective risk management and compliance advice in relation to Rabobank's daily Wholesale Banking activities. Imagine you can make a difference as a Risk Control Partner with your knowledge of relevant internal and external regulations and the Wholesale Banking business.
Making a difference…
- You are the expert and advisor of management and business lines in realising internal control and quality improvement of Wholesale Banking activities within Region NL & Africa.
- You will implement and monitor the Risk Control Framework activities within the departments and you will give proactive advices in realizing an optimal quality and controlled risk performance of the business processes.
- You will be required to coordinate and align non-financial risk related topics in relation to Wholesale Banking activities within Region NL & Africa.
- Act as non-financial risk champion towards the scope of business lines and maintain close alignment with the 2nd line Risk Management departments.
- Your scope of Business lines relates to Loan Products Group, Client Coverage Large Corporates, and in particular Transaction Banking and its supporting departments.
- The Wholesale Banking activities can be complex and demanding and you will have a broad range of responsibilities working with the business to mitigate (regulatory & operational) risk, help maintain and develop a strong risk management & compliance culture and manage/implement improvements.
- The role requires the ability to build an independent view on the control environment as well as the ability to proactively realise necessary changes.
With each other…
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Region NL & Africa Operations team brings talented people together dedicated to monitor and improve the performance and control of business activities. In the end our job is to realise a sound client journey within the boundaries of our regulatory context. This can only be done in good cooperation with the business and other oversight functions.
Customer focus, personal development, impact, result driven are clearly essential competences / characteristics for the role of Risk Control Partner NL & Africa. In addition, it's important that you recognise yourself in the points below:
- Academic background preferably in Finance, Economics, Law or Business Administration;
- At least 3 years of experience in a Financial Institution (preferably within a Wholesale Banking environment) or Financial Authority;
- You are able to provide the business pro-actively with clear advice and are able to act as sparring partner;
- Knowledge of or familiarity with relevant (international) banking rules and regulations and affinity with compliance / risk management and integrity issues;
- You can combine analytic and professional judgement skills with tact and organization sensitivity;
- Knowledge about cash management and trade services processes is preferred when supporting Transaction Banking;
Growing a better world together!
You will probably already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Together with the World Wildlife Fund, we're helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil;
- We offer financial solutions to large corporates which are connected to their sustainability objectives;
- Thanks to an agreement with the UN World Food Programme, more agricultural products are purchased from small farmers in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We aim to expand this platform to include one and a half million farmers in 25 countries by 2030.
Would you like to swiftly develop yourself and get a broad overview of Wholesale Banking activities? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition to this we offer
(on the basis of a 36-hour working week):
- a position scaled in function group 10;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (9% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Risk Control Partner NL & Africa and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy;
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Paul Verleg, Risk Control Manager NL & Africa, +31 (6) 51532596
- Emanuela Mol, recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via email@example.com.
- The application process includes screening and could include an assessment. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Your privacy is important to us. In case you would like to know more about how we deal with this, please click this link.
Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!