Imagine… you could enhance the compliance behaviour of Rabobank. As a Compliance Monitoring Officer, you can make a difference by monitoring compliance themes in the Netherlands and within International Wholesale/Rural/Retail Banking or Financial Markets.
Making a difference
- As part of the Compliance Monitoring team you will be working on global compliance assessments of all the activities of Rabobank regarding products, policies and processes, risk and controls, first and second line monitoring, support systems and people.
- The assessment set-up is clear and reported in time, the required information is collected and processed in time, the analyses are performed correctly and the conclusions are drawn correctly. Reports/publications are clear, complete and of a high quality.
- Working on high quality global monitoring entails conducting in-depth analysis and thematic investigations, analyse to what extent policy implementations will lead to an effective control of compliance risks and advise on necessary interventions.
- You will use data analytics technics during the assessments. You will contribute to developing the use of future monitoring methods (Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other “RegTech” innovations).
- You are a strong sparring partner for management (both within Compliance and the business), with thorough knowledge of both the business and the relevant laws and regulations.
- With your creativity and skills you make the difference with on-topic presentations and reports. MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Keeping up to date with relevant developments, including relevant Tech developments and sharing them with those involved.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Compliance Monitoring team brings talented people together to monitor if the business (first line) and the staff and supporting departments (second line) of Rabobank satisfies the compliance requirements following from the Rabobank values and from external and internal rules and regulations. By executing deep dives at all entities, regions and business lines the Global Compliance Monitoring department will contribute to a transparent compliance risk profile (dashboard) that gives the opportunity to identify, determine and mitigate compliance risks and look forward. With you as a Monitoring Officer, the team will consist of 20 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles.
Hugo Lamerikx, Lead Monitoring Officer: “Working with us, is connecting the dots to a clear compliance picture, is learning on the job which masters you in the several aspects of monitoring and compliance and above all it strengthens your skills. Together we make the difference and as a team we contribute to a rock solid Rabobank”.
Chantal Demmers, Global Monitoring Officer: “Our team spirit is about thinking in possibilities, having a positive mindset, being forward looking and teamwork.”
Customer focus, collaboration, proactive/Initiative, integrity and a hands-on mentality are clearly essential for the role of Compliance Monitoring Officer. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- university degree or comparable level of work / experience required;
- at least 1-3 year audit and/or monitoring experience in Compliance (or Compliance-related), knowledge of monitoring techniques and data analyses experience;
- a completed certified Compliance Professional/Officer education or willing to start this education;
- at least knowledge about new technological developments e.g. Data Analytics, Machine Learning and other “RegTech” innovations;
- knowledge and experience with the key compliance themes including Customer Due Diligence, Anti Money Laundering, Sanctions, Treating Customers Fairly, Data privacy, Market Abuse, Anti-Corruption and Conflicts of Interest, or willing to learn fast;
- experience in working within an international context, the financial industry, preferably within Banking (Wholesale, Financial Markets and/or Commercial) and willing to travel occasionally;
- good communication skills. Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in many ways, such as:
- We want to share our knowledge about sustainable financial solutions. For example, we offer a discount to corporate clients with a sustainable hallmark.
- As part of a project with Humanitas, we are helping people who are experiencing financial difficulties to get their household finances in order.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a monthly salary between EUR 3,179 and EUR 5,252 (classification depends on education, knowledge and experience);
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (9-10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Compliance Monitoring Officer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Janny Boks, team lead Global Compliance Monitoring on +31 6 13019346.
- Ellen Cult, Corporate Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Ellen.Cult@rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!