Medior Operations Engineer
that you are working in a tribe that is responsible for the Digital Transformation of Rabobank Wholesale Corporate Banking. This tribe is on a journey to transform her Corporate Banking Activities globally and for that also wants to implement a new Global Way of Working for the delivered products and related IT.
Imagine that you will work in the heart of our IT Systems domain, managing and supporting our application platforms. You will contribute to the implementation of our new back office system for Wholesale and International domain in our regions Asia, Europe and Americas where Rabobank Wholesale has over 20 branches offering wholesale banking services.
Furthermore, imagine that you work in a team which strives to be a High Performing Tech team. We continuously strive to improve ourselves and give each other the possibility to learn and fail. You will work with senior, medior and junior engineers who can teach you the best practices in the field. Fun, ownership and trust in each other form the fundament of our team.
As a Medior Operations Engineer, you can make a difference:
- Knowledge of and experience with Agile, Lean and ITIL;
- Hands on experience with deployment and support of Redhat JBoss Fuse 6.x karaf, JBoss EAP 6+, Linux, OS level scripting, Java 6+, AMQ, and Oracle DB.
- Redhat FUSE 7.x, OpenShift, apache tomcat, GIT, NEXUS, Splunk, Jenkins, HPSM9, Azure would be a pré;
- Applicable knowledge of and experience with the combination of business domain and related IT chains;
- A basic mind-set of continuous improvement, flexibility and taking ownership. You focus on automating work in and around the team;
- You are able to convince people independently within the team and stakeholders outside the team of release deliverables and quality standards;
- You know how to assess risks and distinguish main issues from side issues;
- You are able to work with your team and the stakeholders to find the right balance between smaller and larger deployments, with consideration on chain dependencies;
- You are able to ensure controlled change – in accordance with quality standards and the required non-functional – of the applications using the standard processes (change-, release management);
- You can carry out activities in the area of automated (test) environment coordination and life cycle management;
- You are able to combine one or more technical specialties with the capability of taking over basic activities of other specialists on the team (analysis, development and testing);
- You have experience with working in a dynamic international environment
- You have experience in implementing the Global Application Management processes, tools and procedures.
- 40hrs workweek, standby shift, weekend deployment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written English and Dutch
- Align and drive service level agreements with business and IT vendors.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Rabobank Wholesale and Rural (W&R) team brings talented people together to deliver new journeys and changes in a very complex and fast changing landscape of Wholesale Banking and reporting. With you as a operations engineer, the entire tribe team will consist of 220 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles and working in various locations around the globe
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Together with the world Wildlife Fund, we’re helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil.
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organizations that are a second home to many people.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- A gross monthly salary is scaled in function group 8 or 9;
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- An Employee Benefit Budget (9 or 10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- A personal development budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until end of January 2021. Apply via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Henk Jan Verstege, Delivery Manager in the Core Banking Product Cluster.
- Lois Hageman, recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via +31 6 15416637 or Marie-Louise.Hageman@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy can include an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!