Lead software engineer Global Client Onboarding
Working in a challenging and international environment to enable the bank in providing relevant financial services to our clients. As the lead software engineer of the GCOB team you lead and coach the other software engineers with the aim to improve the overall experience of the wholesale client journey.
DevOps teams are the foundation of our IT organization. They work under mandate and self-organizing, as a lead software engineer you make this possible. You ensure that they can do their work by solving technical impediments. Furthermore you mentor other software engineers by doing code reviews and giving feedback on the delivered code. You are end responsible for the quality of the delivered code, from solution design until solving production issues.
Department and Project context
The Wholesale & International domain within IT Systems supports the wholesale bank across the globe. The Wholesale Client cluster delivers and supports global business systems, including process automation in the areas of CRM, Client Onboarding, Client Data Management, Document- and Case Management. The Client cluster has global responsibility for servicing more than 20+ locations divided in multiple regions. The delivery unit is working closely with strategic programs within other domains to realize the bank’s digital transformation.
Making a difference
You can be a key success factor in meeting of those ambitions within the Global Client Onboarding (GCOB) area. The GCOB team is currently working in London but will be transferred to Utrecht and the end of 2019/beginning of 2020. Most communication will be in English as the end-users, DevOps team(s), and other stakeholders reside on different locations across the globe. Travelling will be part of your job.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our DevOps teams bring talented people together to execute all change and run activities of the relevant application. You will be T-shaped along the way to help delivering value to the product.
- Your primary working area is the KYC and CDD application GCOB, you are involved in both change and run the bank within the DevOps team.
- Liaising with business users to understand and formulate business requirements where required.
- Designing solutions in line with all relevant technical standards and with an emphasis on long-term supportability.
- Ensuring all developments adhere to coding standards, development methodology standards, documentation standards, and any other standards as they may be set going forward.
- Ensuring all developments are using the current source control repository.
- Ensuring all technical designs and new technologies are reviewed and approved by the relevant teams
- Ensure that non-functional requirements are adequately considered and met as part of the development process
- Actively promoting automation techniques, such as automated build management, automated regression testing, automated deployment.
- Adherence to security and other policies, standards and procedures.
- You are part of a DevOps team with autonomy, you proactively participate in team decisions and challenge your team members on presented solutions and decisions.
- HBO/WO level, preferably in Computer Science.
- At least 7 years’ experience in Angular or other UI JS framework.
- At least 7 years’ experience in C#.net and SQL Server
- Experience in writing applications for cloud
- Experience in Async programming in .Net
- Experience in Aspect Orientated programming
- Experience in the use of standard LIBARIES (LOG4Net, Unity, Automapper)
- Experience in the use of Service Bus Architecture
- MS SSIS and SSRS knowledge with MS Visual Studio
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Experience with NoSQL database is a plus.
- Experience of working using ITIL best practices
- A basic understanding or experience of Agile working practices
- Configuration Management of applications
Knowledge and personal skills
- Impact and Persuasiveness
- Result driven
- Problem analysis
- Good verbal and written communication (English)
- Organizing and monitoring
- Good presentation skills
- Passion for IT
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Together with the world Wildlife Fund, we’re helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil.
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organisations that are a second home to many people.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary is scaled in function group 10.
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving extra cash on a monthly basis.
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until 20 of November. Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Senior Recruiter Lois Hageman, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!