Junior model validator
Getting an overview of the whole bank from A to Z. Imagine… building up your network of people interested in quantitative subjects, both in- as well as outside of the bank. As a Model Validator, you can make a difference by reviewing quantitative models from all parts of the bank, interacting with different stakeholders, analysing and presenting your results, sharing and building your quantitative knowledge.
Making a difference
- Challenging our credit risk models;
- Help Rabobank to remain rock solid;
- Contacting and collaborating with our important stakeholders.
With each other
Collaboration and diversity is at the heart of everything we do. Our Model Validation department brings talented people of a multitude of backgrounds together to review risk models from the whole bank. The team consist of 30 colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Andrea, RM Model Validation: “The best things about working at CMV are the diversity and level of complexity of topics one is exposed to every day, the opportunity to learn and develop useful skills and working in a team of intelligent, kind and always happy to help people.”
Anne, RM Model Validation: “By working in Credit Model Validation, I have the opportunity to analyse and validate various credit models. This not only enhances my quantitative skills, but also stimulates my critical thinking. Moreover, as collaboration is key in our department, I am working on a daily basis with interesting and smart colleagues from diverse backgrounds.”
Customer focus, strong stakeholder management, eagerness to learn more and being a team player are clearly essential for the role of Model Validator. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- You have a MSc or PhD in quantitative finance, econometrics, mathematics, physics or a related field and are thus analytically strong;
- You have programming experience;
- You have excellent English communication skills, both in writing and in oral communication;
- You are a team player and result-driven.
Growing a better world together
Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in over 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our ‘Growing a better world together’ mission? We do so in numerous ways, such as:
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sports and cultural organizations that are a second home to many people.
- We provide € 500 million in financing to the Dutch education sector annually because, after all, good education is the bedrock of tomorrow’s society.
- With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This enables people that experience barriers to enter the labour market to attain the opportunities they deserve, which helps them to participate fully in our society.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We provide you the room to innovate and initiate, to grow and exceed your expectations. We encourage you to do the right thing, exceptionally well, and to grow as a professional. Rabobank offers you (on the basis of a 36-hour working week):
- A gross monthly salary between €3,211.44 and €4,586.28. Your salary depends on your experience and seniority.
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- An Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out.
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- Flexible working times and location-independent working.
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport. Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a model validator and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy.
Good to know
The work location is Utrecht, Netherlands.
- The application process includes a screening procedure. Based on the outcome, we assess whether new staff is reliable enough to work for Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy can include an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us to become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
- Sven van Buuren, our involved recruiter is happy to answer any further questions about the application procedure.
- We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Sourcing Board Data & Analytics. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition further to this vacancy is not appreciated