Junior CDD Analyst
As a Junior Customer Due Diligence (CDD) Analyst, you will be working at the FEC (Financial Economic Crime) Service Centre team in the Netherlands, which has a critical role in ensuring the compliance of the Wholesale Europe domain of Rabobank with multiple regulations, in order to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing and to protect the bank’s reputation.
You and your job
During your first few weeks, you will follow an extensive new joiners training, given by experienced CDD analysts and subject matter experts. After that, you will be able to perform Client Onboarding, Periodic and/or Event driven CDD reviews on behalf of the Wholesale Europe Commercial Teams. As a Junior CDD Analyst for Rabobank Wholesale Europe , you will be responsible for the end-to-end CDD process for new or existing clients throughout their entire business life cycle within the bank. Of course, you will have the constant support of Medior and Senior analysts. You will be part of a very dynamic and international team!
Top 4 responsibilities
- Executing and monitoring CDD and processes.
- Defining research (problem and method), performing research (collecting data, analysis) and presenting the results of the research (conclusion and argumentation).
- Maintaining contact with internal stakeholders, knowing your environment, knowing the customer’s situation and identifying and discussing CDD related risks with the relevant stakeholders.
- A pro-active participation in your team and projects. Together with your team you are responsible for the teams results.
- A client active in the Food and Agri sector with a High risk rating is coming up for its yearly review. Your task is to assess what document/information is currently missing on file in order to meet the requirements for the 2023 Periodic Review and evaluate if the risk of the client changed since the last review. Once the documents are collected from the client, your role is to write the CDD report with all information at hand, look into the transactions performed by the client and assess the risk rating of the client. Your report is then checked by the Quality Control Team before being sent for sign-off by the client owner.
- An acquisition deal has to be signed within the next 5 days. The future client has activities in Russia. You need to contact the Compliance department for their advice and additional questions to ask the prospect. Once you have obtained the necessary answers, you need to request special approval from the business/Compliance.
- You encounter a transaction that is not matching with the client’s business. You are not able to explain it. You ask help to other colleagues and you notice that most people are also not really aware of these type of transactions. You reach out to the Advisory team for their input, leading to eventually additional questions to the client and in the end you are able to finalize the CDD report. You present your case, the solution, the escalation route you took to the rest of the team to raise awareness and share your knowledge.
Facts & Figures
- 36 hours per week
- International team with over 20 nationalities
- 43,822 Rabobank colleagues around the world
Together we achieve more than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our team at FEC Service Centre.
Nico van Doorn, Manager FEC Wholesale Europe: “We believe in strong professional teams with people from different backgrounds. With over 20 nationalities in our department we believe it is very important that our colleagues feel at home in their team. We are therefore looking for people who like to help our teams grow every day. It’s just one reason why people like working within our FEC Service Centre.”
The 30 people in our FEC Service Centre are servicing the Wholesale Europe commercial team for region NL. Working together is the way we work; as 1 results-driven team at Rabobank. Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,5000,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- Bachelor or Master Degree
- Fluent in English (both oral and written).
- Strong communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational and relationship building skills.
- Able to work in an evolving and changing environment.
- Produce quality work under constant pressure and the ability to drive self-development.
This is what we offer you
- A gross monthly salary between € 2.933,- and € 4.188,- (depending on knowledge and experience)
- Thirteenth month's salary and 8% holiday allowance
- An extra budget of 10 % of your gross monthly salary to be used at your discretion. Buy extra holiday hours, add more to your pension savings or ask for part of the extra budget to be paid out.
This is a selection of the terms of employment for a Junior CDD Analyst based on a 36-hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment.
You and the job application process
Reply to the vacancy for Junior CDD Analyst at Rabobank before 12 June 2023.
- Any questions about the job content? Contact: Nico van Doorn, Manager FEC Wholesale Europe NL hub via Nico.van.Doorn@rabobank.com
- Any questions about working at Rabobank and the process? Moniek Peeters, Recruiter FEC via Moniek.Peeters@rabobank.nl
- We will hold the first interviews at the office in Utrecht between the 26th and 30th of June 2023.
- A valid work permit for the Netherlands is needed for this role.
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on rabobank.jobs/en/faq.
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy.