Investment Banking – Corporate Finance Mergers & Acquisitions Associate
Rabobank Wholesale Banking North America is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
The Sector Banking (SB) team in New York is responsible for deal originating, while the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team is responsible for deal execution for Rabobank’s client base globally, with a focus on the Americas and cross-border transactions. Analysts and Associates are pooled junior resources across Sector banking and MA and part of Corporate Finance NY. The team works closely together with the Sector banking and other product origination teams and provides sector input during execution processes of M&A and other product transactions, such as preparing marketing materials and sector valuations.
Marketing and Origination
Associates support the origination process - such as synthesizing information, sector research, valuation modelling, preparing presentations and being part of client meetings and pitches.
The Associate plays a key role in supporting all of the marketing initiatives of the team including understanding the value chain, major players and sector trends across the food and agribusiness industry. In addition, the Associate performs fundamental financial, business analysis and valuation of companies and identifies acquisitions and divestitures opportunities for clients and determines financial impact of transactions. In this capacity, our Associates are involved in preparing presentation materials including origination pitches, situation updates, company profiles, industry overviews and valuation presentations and buy side / sell side pitches.
The Associate is also responsible for overseeing, developing and training the Analysts within the team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Synthesizes information for food & agriculture clients (including its markets, products and competitors) and transactions
- Takes lead in preparation of pitching materials
- Takes lead in financial analyses, modelling and valuation work
- Part of key commercial and strategic efforts such as client pitches and client meetings
- Analyzing customer’s needs to develop pro-active solutions (together with senior team members)
- Supports senior bankers in the creation of new strategic and corporate finance ideas leading to pitches
- Managing the day-to-day information flow with clients and third-parties in a transaction execution setting or origination pitch
- Preparation of financial models, projections, and merger analyses
- Preparation of presentations and, in the case of sell side transactions, of confidential information memoranda and management presentations describing the company’s business
- Other financial analysis including the financial information about industry participants and financial capacity of potential acquirers or competitors for a business
- Preparing and analyzing transaction and trading comparables of companies in similar sectors and current market valuation trends
- Organizing and analyzing due diligence information and preparing information that is used by potential acquirers in their review of potential transactions
- Supervise/train analysts on tasks and skills described above and take full responsibility for work performed; The Associate is responsible for directing the work of the analysts and for teaching and coaching the junior members of the team
- Active role in the execution of M&A mandates. This includes but is not limited to maintaining quality control (adhering to global standards) of all relevant tasks required by the project and all client deliverables on a timely basis. Primarily responsible for analytical/technical aspects of project execution. Responsible for coordinating project/direct information flow with client.
- Assist global and regional sector heads on sector coverage, including verifying and taking ownership for quality of databases and sector credentials on a global basis.
- Identify potential acquisition ideas on a global basis for core clients in the food and agribusiness industry.
Both on the marketing and the execution side, our Associates are involved in a number of activities in support of the Managing Directors, Executive Directors and Vice Presidents of the group.
- Prior experience (~3 to 5 years) as an Analyst/Associate at an investment bank
- Bachelor degree; MBA or other graduate degree in finance or related studies a plus
- Academic record (strong GPA)
- Modelling and valuation experience
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Accounting and financial background
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- business writing experience
- strong attention to detail and work ethic.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rabobank, Rabo AgriFinance, and Rabo Diversified Services (“Rabo”) all provide equal employment opportunities for all prospective and current employees.
Rabo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military service or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Consistent with this policy, Rabo recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles and ensure that all personnel actions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to the protected factors listed above. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including application, hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.