Investment Banking Associate
Rabobank Wholesale Banking North America is a premier corporate and investment bank to the food, agribusiness, commodities and renewable energy industries, providing sector expertise, strategic advisory and tailored financial solutions to our clients. We thrive on building long-term relationships with clients and stakeholders in the fastest-growing food and agribusiness region of the world.
The Sector Banking (SB) team in Atlanta is responsible for deal originating, while the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team is responsible for deal execution for Rabobank’s client base globally, with a focus on the Americas and cross-border transactions. Analysts and Associates are pooled junior resources across Sector banking and M&A and part of Corporate Finance NA. The team works closely together with the M&A and other product execution teams and provides sector input during execution processes of M&A and other product transactions, such as preparing marketing materials and sector valuations.
Context of Job:
Marketing and Origination
Associates support the origination process - such as synthesizing information, sector research, valuation modelling, preparing presentations and being part of client meetings and pitches.
The Associate plays a key role in supporting all of the marketing initiatives of the team including understanding the value chain, major players and sector trends across the food and agribusiness industry. In addition, the Associate performs fundamental financial, business analysis and valuation of companies and identifies acquisitions and divestitures opportunities for clients and determines financial impact of transactions. In this capacity, our Associates are involved in preparing presentation materials including origination pitches, situation updates, company profiles, industry overviews and valuation presentations and buy side / sell side pitches.
The Associate is also responsible for overseeing, developing and training the Analysts within the team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Synthesizes information for food & agriculture clients (including its markets, products and competitors) and transactions
- Takes lead in preparation of pitching materials
- Takes lead in financial analyses, modelling and valuation work
- Part of key commercial and strategic efforts such as client pitches and client meetings
- Analyzing customer’s needs to develop pro-active solutions (together with senior team members)
- Supports senior bankers in the creation of new strategic and corporate finance ideas leading to pitches
- Managing the day-to-day information flow with clients and third-parties in a transaction execution setting or origination pitch
- Preparation of financial models, projections, and merger analyses
- Preparation of presentations and, in the case of sell side transactions, of confidential information memoranda and management presentations describing the company’s business
- Other financial analysis including the financial information about industry participants and financial capacity of potential acquirers or competitors for a business
- Preparing and analyzing transaction and trading comparables of companies in similar sectors and current market valuation trends
- Organizing and analyzing due diligence information and preparing information that is used by potential acquirers in their review of potential transactions
- Supervise/train analysts on tasks and skills described above and take full responsibility for work performed; The Associate is responsible for directing the work of the analysts and for teaching and coaching the junior members of the team
- Active role in the execution of M&A mandates. This includes but is not limited to maintaining quality control (adhering to global standards) of all relevant tasks required by the project and all client deliverables on a timely basis. Primarily responsible for analytical/technical aspects of project execution. Responsible for coordinating project/direct information flow with client.
- Assist global and regional sector heads on sector coverage, including verifying and taking ownership for quality of databases and sector credentials on a global basis.
- Identify potential acquisition ideas on a global basis for core clients in the food and agribusiness industry.
- Both on the marketing and the execution side, our Associates are involved in a number of activities in support of the Managing Directors, Executive Directors and Vice Presidents of the group.
Clients, senior bankers within the group, Relationship Managers, Senior Relationship Bankers, Global Sector Heads, Research Analysts, Wholesale and other product areas.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Modelling and valuation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3-5 years prior experience as an Analyst/Associate at an investment bank
- Bachelor's degree; MBA or other graduate degree in finance or related studies a plus
- Academic record (strong GPA)
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Accounting and financial background,
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Business writing experience
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
At Rabobank, we strive to grow a better world together. In order to achieve that, we have to have the right people in the right jobs. Are you ready to join our team?