Internship Quantitative Research
you work within the heart of the bank. As a Quantitative Research intern within Financial Markets you can make a difference by supporting the dealing room research team with quantitative analyses of financial markets and the economy.
Making a difference
Our team focusses on providing research to clients who hedge their credit, interest rate, FX and commodity risks, optimise their balance sheets, and raise funding in bond and equity markets to which you can contribute by means of:
• Assisting the research team in building, developing, and maintaining quantitative models of financial markets and the economy;
• Supporting the research team by writing short research reports about technical topics in plain English
• Providing general assistance to the research team under tight deadlines
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. With a global presence Markets serves a wide range of clients from across the globe, from medium-sized businesses to the largest corporates in the world.
• Debt Capital Markets (DCM)
DCM provides long-term funding solutions for corporates and financial institutions in both public and private markets. The DCM teams help clients raise funding in a wide variety of instruments, ranging from a straight Bond or Loan to bespoke Private Placements or Asset Backed solutions.
• Interest Rate Derivatives Trading
An interest rate hedge of a client results in an open position for Rabobank. It is the responsibility of the Interest Rate Derivatives Trading desk to handle these positions and pass through these risks towards the Financial Markets at the best possible rates.
• Treasury Sales Mid Corporates, Large Corporates, Financial Institutions
Treasury Sales is lined up to discuss and hedge interest rate, FX and commodity risks for corporate clients and financial institutions. Client needs depend on size, nature and hedging strategy of the business.
You are an ambitious, hardworking student with a strong interest in Financial Markets. You successfully completed your bachelor and are currently enrolled in a master’s programme. In addition to that you recognize yourself in the following:
• History of excellent academic performance
• High level of numeracy (for example a bachelor/master in econometrics, applied mathematics, quantitative finance)
• Strong/excellent communication skills; fluent in English is prerequisite
• Clear customer focus and proven entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to be self-starting
• Team player
Growing a better world together
You’ll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
• By sponsoring Kunstbende and Lowlands, we show how important we believe culture is to society
• We want to share our knowledge about sustainable financial solutions. For example, we offer a discount to corporate clients with a sustainable hallmark
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us, you can also expect:
• The opportunity to experience the whole scope of Financial Markets. We offer an inspiring work environment with enthusiastic professionals. The culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, personal development and ambition.
• A competitive internship allowance
• Successful interns will be considered for any suitable and available permanent opportunities within Financial Markets upon successful completion of their internship.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as an intern and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
• Apply via the button “Apply now”.
• Simone Lasseur, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via +31682483969. If you pass our first selection round we will invite you for an online assessment. After passing the online assessment we will invite you over for interviews at our headquarters in Utrecht.
• The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
• Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!