Internship Model Validation
Imagine that you can use your quantitative and creative skills to write your master thesis in a young and international environment. The Model Validation department consists of four teams. These teams are Credit Risk, Capital and ALM, Pricing and Governance Model Validation. As a Model Validation Master Student, you can make a difference by researching and developing cutting edge models on challenging subjects in risk modelling. You can learn how to analyse and critically challenge a variety of risk types. You will have the opportunity to learn techniques in assessing big data sets, effectively challenge quantitative models and analyze the implementation in production systems.
Making a difference
- Depending on your experience and skills, you will research a topic related to Credit Risk, ALM, Pricing or Market Risks.
- Investigate machine learning / AI methods in mathematical and data-driven modelling.
- In addition to putting your analytical and technical skills to the test, you will work closely with a dynamic and young team of quantitative colleagues.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Model Validation team brings talented people together to review and challenge quantitative models used within Rabobank With you as a Master Student the department will consist of more than 70 diverse colleagues in a variety of seniority, including:
Jessica, ALM Model Validator: “We are safeguarding the quality of the risk models that are used to manage the entire balance sheet of Rabobank”.
Peter, Credit Risk Model Validator: "Since starting at Rabobank a little over a year ago, I have played a valuable part in some important cutting edge projects. This work provides an enjoyable challenge in a variety of different aspects, including mathematics, coding, reviewing documents and processing regulations. I have the privilege of doing this within a great team which is knowledgeable, friendly, fun and diverse."
Customer focus, collaboration, innovation, strong communication along with strong negotiation skills are clearly essential for the role in Model Validation. In addition, it’s important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- Currently enrolled in a MSc program in Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics or related quantitative fields
- Strong knowledge of statistics, econometrics, financial mathematics or stochastic calculus
- Good programming knowledge in Python, C# or MATLAB
- Experience with Machine Learning/advanced analytics is an advantage
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Actively protecting our clients by ensuring that the loans we provide are well within acceptable risk levels.
- Working toward a new generation of risk models that not only fulfil regulatory requirements, but also allow us to expand our reach and help more people, communities and societies to thrive. Safeguarding our investments in nature, culture, agriculture and development with risk models that sustain and advance the bank’s position.
Do you want to have a great experience writing your thesis at a challenging financial environment? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and transcripts of university grades by clicking on the Apply Now button below. Make sure to include the exact time span in which you are available in your cover letter.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Master Student and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- For an internship you have to remain enrolled at a university for the whole duration of the internship.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Stratos Nikolakakis at Stratos.Nikolakakis@rabobank.nl.
- Nariem Chotkan, recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via +31 6 12461915 or Nariem.Chotkan@rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!