Internship Investment Banking: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Equity Capital Markets (ECM)
you can be actively involved in the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and/or Equity Capital Markets (ECM) teams of Rabobank. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work on both deal origination and deal execution.
We have limited spots for this internship. At the moment, we can only offer the combined internship from October 2020 because M&A and ECM are full until October.
Making a difference
You can make a difference by:
- Assist in the preparation of client presentations;
- Perform analysis on companies (including their investment case, strategy, markets, products and competitors) and the wider market (market trends and dynamics, investor perspectives);
- Support financial analyses and company valuations;
- Assist the team in the general execution process, e.g. in the preparation of information memoranda, management presentations or prospectuses.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Equity Capital Markets (ECM) teams are part of the investment banking activities of Rabobank. These departments offer a challenging, young, dynamic and international working environment. The global M&A team consists of 90 colleagues and the ECM team will consist of 11 colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Koen (Analyst): “A lack of hierarchy makes Rabobank ECM unique in its kind. It results in a great working environment where seniors are highly approachable, allowing you to learn more from them much faster.”
Mergers & Acquisitions
Rabobank’s M&A team advises public companies, large corporates, privately-owned companies and financial sponsors on various types of strategically important transactions. The team has a specific focus on the Dutch market in general and the Food & Agri sector globally with an enterprise value between EUR 100 million and EUR 1 billion. It has consistently ranked #1 in the Dutch M&A market and top 3 in the European Food & Agri M&A market by number of transactions for the last 5 years. With offices in Utrecht, New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Madrid, Paris, Frankfurt, Sao Paulo and Mumbai, Rabobank M&A offers full support to its clients in cross-border M&A transactions.
Equity Capital Markets
Rabobank’s ECM team is specialised in originating and executing equity capital markets transactions. The ECM-related products and services include initial public offerings (IPOs), secondary offerings (e.g. rights issues, accelerated book-build offerings), convertible bond offerings and financial advisory. Rabobank ECM has a continuous strategic dialogue with the majority of listed companies in the Netherlands and Food & Agri globally as well as with potential listing candidates and financial sponsors. A selection of recent high profile transactions include the initial public offerings of Avantium, Philips Lighting and Dong Energy, the rights issues of Credit Suisse and Delta Lloyd and the international equity raisings of Sunopta, Benchmark and TreeHouse Foods.
We are looking for best in class 3rd and 4th year university students. At the start of your internship you are required to remain enrolled at a university during the duration of the internship and available to work full-time for at least 3 months.
Required skills and experience:
- Completing your 3rd year of a bachelor degree or currently enrolled in a master degree;
- EU student or non-EU and enrolled in a Dutch university;
- Outstanding record of academic achievement combined with extra-curricular interests;
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing is a prerequisite;
- Fluency in at least one other European language (including Dutch) is preferred;
- Solid work ethic and high level of self-motivation;
- Strong team player.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
“Rabobank is a partner of NOC*NSF/TeamNL. The (Paralympic) sporting heroes of TeamNL inspire millions of people to take part in sport at club level. They support the message that clubs are often the start of a successful career, and show what clubs have to offer.”
“We want to share our knowledge about sustainable financial solutions. For example, we offer a discount to corporate clients with a sustainable hallmark.”
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and transcripts of university grades by clicking on the Apply Now button below. Make sure to include the exact time span in which you are available in your cover letter and also indicate the department you prefer. It is possible to combine a M&A and ECM internship. Please be advised that the number of positions is limited so apply well in advance (3-5 months).
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Intern within M&A and ECM and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- If you have any questions, please contact Simone Lasseur, Recruiter on +31 6 82483969 or via Simone.Lasseur@rabobank.nl.
- If you pass our first selection round, we will invite you for an online assessment. After passing the online assessment, we will invite you for interviews at our headquarters in Utrecht.
- You have to remain enrolled at a university during the duration of the internship.
- This internship position is open for non-EU citizens registered at a Dutch university during the whole internship period.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- We offer a competitive internship allowance.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!