Internship Capital Markets
working in the challenging and dynamic environment of Capital Markets in the heart of Rabobank’s Investment Bank. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work on both deal origination and deal execution.
Making a difference
As an intern, you can make a difference by:
- Learning the ins and outs of the Fixed Income Market, becoming a PowerPoint and Excel hero and master the usage of a Bloomberg terminal;
- Service the banks largest corporate clients in the Netherlands and international F&A domain (e.g., AB-InBev, KPN, Kellogg, Coca-Cola) in placing (multi) billion capital market transactions;
- Understand and analysing the dynamics of global financial markets;
- Assist the team in the general execution and origination processes.
With each other
We strive in a high pressure deal driven environment, while balancing tight deadlines with an extremely meticulously way of working. We are a tight knitted team that is known to not beat about the bush, which is upfront and honest, while having a lot of fun. With you as an intern our team consists of 8 colleagues, including:
Thijs: “I love working in the high paced environment of Rabobank’s Dealingroom. Working in Financial Markets means my team and I need to be at the top of our game. We are certified news junkies that are often involved in deals that hit the front page of the Financial Times.”
We are looking for best in class 3rd and 4th year university students. At the start of your internship you are required to remain enrolled at a university during the duration of the internship and available to work full-time for at least 3 months.
Required skills and experience:
- Completing your 3rd year of a bachelor degree or currently enrolled in a master degree;
- Outstanding record of academic achievement combined with extra-curricular interests;
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing is a prerequisite;
- Solid work ethic and high level of self-motivation;
- Strong team player.
Growing a better world together
You will already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
“Rabobank is a partner of NOC*NSF/TeamNL. The (Paralympic) sporting heroes of TeamNL inspire millions of people to take part in sport at club level. They support the message that clubs are often the start of a successful career, and show what clubs have to offer.”
“We want to share our knowledge about sustainable financial solutions. For example, we offer a discount to corporate clients with a sustainable hallmark.”
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and transcripts of university grades by clicking on the Apply Now button below. Make sure to include the exact time span in which you are available in your cover.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as an Intern within Capital Markets and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- If you have any questions, please contact Simone Lasseur, Recruiter on +31 6 82483969 or via Simone.Lasseur@rabobank.nl
- If you pass our first selection round, we will invite you for an online assessment. After passing the online assessment, we will invite you for interviews at our headquarters in Utrecht.
- You have to remain enrolled at a university during the duration of the internship.
- This internship position is open for non-EU citizens registered at a Dutch university during the whole internship period.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!