Internship Acquisition Finance & Sponsor Coverage
working in the fast paced world of acquisition finance; enabling private equity (financial sponsors) to invest in growth opportunities, fostering innovation and growth in the economy. In the meantime you are enjoying a steep learning curve, working in a stimulating environment, with talented and ambitious colleagues. You can make this your reality! You can make a difference through an internship in Acquisition Finance & Sponsor Coverage (AF&SC) by working on the portfolio of existing clients and by providing support in the origination and execution of new deals.
Making a difference
You can actively contribute to the team by:
- Providing support in the management of our client portfolio by helping to analyse client’s performance, to handle client requests, and to write (annual) reviews including financial analysis and risk modelling;
- Assisting in the execution of transactions by performing analyses (financial, commercial, risk, structure and other), financial modelling, contributing to well-founded credit applications, taking care of operational activities, and cooperating with other departments;
- Assisting in management and expansion of client relationships. You can do this e.g. by contributing to the content of presentations used for pitching or by creating ideas (alone or together in teams) that make a difference for our clients.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our AF&SC team brings talented people together to structure, execute and manage event driven financing. Our department comprises of c. 50 professionals, across 4 jurisdictions – Utrecht, London, New York, and Antwerp. With AF&SC we hold strong relationships with the most renowned financial sponsors and are a leading arranger across the entire spectrum of the Dutch leveraged finance market. Abroad, we are recognized for our strong presence in Food and Agri.We arrange our own transactions and sometimes participate in transactions led by other banks. Our customers are financial sponsors, who acquire a controlling interest in a target company, by using capital raised via funds under their management. Transactions are generally structured on the basis of the cash-flow generating capability of the party to be acquired. Funding can take the form of senior, mezzanine or other subordinated debt instruments. With you as an intern, the Utrecht team will consist of 25 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:Laurens Meester, Associate Director: “Working with the largest PE firms in the world means we always need to be faster and better than others. This challenge is what makes AF&SC a highly energetic environment. Our ‘AF&SC culture’ enables to strongly develop yourself as we focus on talent development, enabling you to quickly grow your responsibilities within our team, but at the same time also leaving room for more than enough fun.” Marie-Fleur Broekhuijsen, Senior Associate: “Working at our department as an intern offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, together with many young, fun and ambitious colleagues. Your will be working for the most interesting client base. Timelines are short and your learning curve will be steep.” With youWe are looking for Master students, who are native in Dutch or, alternatively, aim to reside and work (longer-term) in the Netherlands. In addition, we require that you remain enrolled at university during the internship and are available to work full-time for at least 3 months.Customer focus, strong analytical skills, quality and result oriented, collaboration and creativity are clearly essential for this internship. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- affinity with Finance and Private Equity
- an academic background in for example (but not limited) to Finance, (Technical) Business Administration, Economics, Econometrics, Engineering or Mathematics
- achieved above-average academic grades in combination with relevant extra-curricular activities;
- Fluent in English;
- EU citizen or Non-EU citizen and enrolled in a Dutch University.
Growing a better world together
You may already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1mln customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our “Growing a better world together” mission? We do so in countless ways. For example, we aim to share our knowledge about sustainable financial solutions. We do this by offering a discount to corporate clients with a sustainable hallmark. Furthermore, with a 48% share in green financing in the Netherlands, Rabobank is the largest Dutch “green bank”.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you to achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. Upon successful completion of the internship, you could be considered for a permanent role as an Analyst within our team.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as AF&SC intern and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receive your application for this vacancy in Utrecht. Good to know:
- Apply via the button “Apply now” and send us your resume, motivation letter and grades list. Please also mention when you would like to start with the internship.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Marenne Heijning via +31 30 71 23773. Simone Lasseur, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via +31 682483969.
- If you pass our first selection round, we will invite you for an online assessment. After passing the online assessment, we will invite you for interviews at our headquarters in Utrecht;
- We offer a competitive internship allowance;
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank;
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!