Helping Rabobank understand the science and leverage value of “where”
Rabobank is a cooperative bank with a mission: “growing a better world together”. We aim to make a substantial contribution to solving the global food challenge: feeding a growing population long into the future within planetary boundaries. Imagine helping us fulfil this mission in a data-driven way by joining the global Geo-capability team of Rabobank. With the Geo-capability the team is answering critical questions like, what is the impact of Rabobank on nature and of the nature on Rabobank. By being part of our team you contribute through GIS to help accelerate global food, climate and energy transitions.
Wholesale & Rural Innovation – responsible for innovation in the International domain of Rabobank, is developing a (geo) capability that will be one of the key pillars to execute the Banking for Food strategy: Farmland. With this capability, we are building a golden source of all (Rural) geo-data. Think of it as digital twins of farms across our entire (Wholesale Rural) portfolio. We are looking for new GIS talent that can help us set up and scale this platform but also work on use cases that further unlock value from geo-data.
Making a difference
As a GIS analyst within the (Farm)land Mapping team you will support the delivery lead and Lead GIS analyst further develop the geo-capability. Your responsibilities will consist of:
- Pre-processing, managing, analysing and combining diverse geo-datasets (e.g. satellite; external; data; client data and product data)
- Support delivery lead and solution architects assess feasibility of requirements for dashboards
- Creation of specific information products with ArcGIS based on requirements
- Managing and optimizing (geo and client) data pipelines
- Configuring the ArcGIS platform to meet requirements and provide further insights
- Data collection, quality control, and documentation and presentation to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Extraction of information from large geospatial/spectral datasets
With each other
Our team is multi-disciplinary, energetic and supportive. By joining (Farm)land you will work in sprints, participate in agile ceremonies (e.g., refinements, retrospectives) and collaborate with stakeholders across W&R Innovation and the Rural Regions. Collaboration and openness are key values that we follow in our day-to-day work.
With your talents
Experience with geo-data analysis, structured problem solving and ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders are key. Knowledge of innovation management and ability to think in terms of minimum viable products are also valuable to be successful in this role.
Our ideal candidate would meet the requirements below:
- 2-5 years of experience processing and managing geospatial data
- Experience in mapping, data processing, geodatabases, and analysis software (i.e. ArcGIS) or a master's degree in Geoinformation science, Machine Learning, Data Science, or Geography, Geoscience, and Geo-statistics
- Familiar with PostGIS and/or other Geospatial databases and general experience with geographical information systems
- Hands-on experience building ETL pipelines
- Familiar with data management best practices and data modelling
This is what we offer you
- up to € 5.655,50 scale 9 gross per month
- thirteenth month's salary and 8% holiday allowance
- an extra budget of 11% of your gross salary to be used at your discretion. Buy extra holiday hours, add more to your pension savings or ask for part of the extra budget to be paid out
- a budget of € 750- to set up your home working space and a monthly home working allowance of up to € 40-
- a personal development budget of € 1,400- per year
- a combination of working from home and at the office
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport
- a pension scheme to which you contribute 3.5% or 5.5% (based on your own preference)
- 151.2 hours holiday per year including 1 Diversity Day per year, with the option to buy additional days
This is a selection of the terms of employment for a GIS analyst based on a 36-hour working week. You can find all terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment.
You and the job application process
- Responses will be handled in accordance with vacancy management.
- Any questions about working at Rabobank and the process? Contact: Christiaan van der Horst, email@example.com
- We will hold the interviews through a video call and in person.
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on rabobank.jobs/en/faq.
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy.