Full-stack web developer (medior/senior)
Imagine… that you as a fullstack web developer (medior/senior) really make an impact on the way our customers perceive the services we render at Rabobank. You make it possible to give our customers a 9+ experience. Which today highly depends on our online presence.
Our day-to-day business at Rabobank Online is reinventing the way customers interact with their bank. Around 2.5 million customers in the Netherlands use Rabobank’s mobile banking services and many more people visit our website. Many of them rely on the public websites of the Rabobank. The website is the place where we guide and engage our customers. We guide them to select the right products by helping our customers to make smart and informed decisions, we help them to find the right answers to their problems and we engage them with our knowledge and expertise on our research platform in the website and in our banking products.
Your technical expertise will be seen as invaluable. We're looking for colleagues who don't hold back and will push for solutions, dare to challenge, are passionate about technology and have considerable experience in web development.
We are looking for a medior or senior fullstack developer for one of the teams working on the websites of Rabobank. In this role we expect you to show us your best coding skills, be a teamplayer, support other teams in using our services, be a critical thinker and keep your services running smoothly.
Our Technology stack
- Front-end stack: TypeScript, Angular, Yarn, Nx, Jest, Spectator, NodeJS, Express
- Back-end stack: Java 11+, Spring Boot 2
- Infra stack: Pivotal Cloud Foundry/VMware Tanzu, Azure DevOps
As a developer you can make a difference!
Rabobank Online is a breeding ground for innovation in multiple ways: apart from delivering great customer functionality we build, test and run it with the latest technology stack. We seek to continuously improve the way we work and by doing that becoming the most customer-oriented bank in the Netherlands. Are you our new hero?
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our DevOps teams bring talented people together to build, test and run the best solutions for our users. You can work on your task autonomously, but never lose the focus on the team goals. What makes our department so special is that we work in close collaboration with the end users. So as a fullstack web developer you co-create new and innovative solutions to enhance the user friendliness of all our channels.
At Online, we thoroughly believe in strong teams! Within these teams we constantly challenge each other to work on ways to improve our platform. We love pair programming, do occasional mob programming, and organise knowledge sharing sessions to keep everyone in the loop on the latest developments. We're all active within the various guilds (Frontend/Backend/Cloud) we've set up internally and many of us regularly visit conferences and meetups to either present ourselves, or to get informed about the latest developments in our area of expertise.
Feel free to come by and experience to be part of one of our teams!
Communication, customer focus, critical thinking and problem solving are essential skills for the role of fullstack web developer. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in building web applications with common web technologies;
- Demonstrated ability to follow development best practices;
- Experience with modern web frameworks and/or libraries, especially Angular;
- Experience in writing unit tests and integration tests;
- Knowledge of architectural principles;
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate ideas with your team as well other stakeholders;
- Has a great sense on business value;
- Challenge and coach team members;
- Willingness to learn new technologies;
- Fluent English is a must.
Create an impact
Within the Distribution department, you really can make that difference what you're looking for. With you, we develop and manage all the online channels of Rabobank. Example of our success is Rabobank Banking App (Rabobankieren), Rabobank.nl website, Onboarding for online secure clients and Digital Identification.
As a software engineer, you contribute to the digital transformation of the bank and will be the driving force behind developments, such as Open Banking. All development is done using the latest cutting edge technology with the use of Cloud technology and Microservices
Do you want this too?
Do you want to become the best version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by supporting your development and investing in an environment where you continue to grow. We give you the space to innovate and do business. In this way, we offer you plenty of personal development opportunities and help you exceed your expectations and to become extraordinarily good at what you do, so that you can grow as a professional. On top of this you can count on us (for example, a 36 or 40-hour week):
- Be a part of significant events focused on knowledge (sharing) and fun;
- A more than interesting salary package which includes a thirteenth month;
- An Employee Benefit Budget (9 or 10% of your monthly income). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making additional pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout.
- 100 % reimbursement of the costs of home/work travel if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a home/work travel allowance.
- Participate in one of the best pension schemes;
Are you the person we’re looking for?
Are you our new colleague who will strengthen Rabobank as a Fullstack Guru and thus make the difference for yourself, our customers and society?
If you are, we are happy to receive your application on this vacancy in Utrecht.
Nice to know
- Frank Simons, Recruiter IT would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Frank.Simons@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether the new staff is reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy might include an individual assessment.
- Everyone is different, and it is precisely those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!