Document Risk Control Specialist
Rabo Diversified Services LLC ("RDS") is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
Under minimal supervision reviews and audits loan files for completeness and accuracy consistent with approval conditions and company policies and procedures delivering a high quality product and excellent customer service. This review increases consistencies, insures compliance with established policies and provides a thorough review and quality control of loan documentation files prior to closing and funding and after funding and booking.
In order to perform these duties this person must have a knowledge of loan documentation, loan documentation tools, legal entity structures, a understanding of collateral perfection both real and personal property, priority and ownership (including UCC ART. 9, mortgages; deed of trusts; title policies and title endorsements), along with good time management skills. The job requires good communication, problem-solving techniques, attention to detail, ability to translate legal and procedural requirements into the accurate and timely completion of loan documentation and other assigned duties.
General knowledge of documentation requirements, product guidelines, general closing requirements and Rabo AgriFinance LLC (“RAF”) processes is required. General knowledge of the agricultural industry is necessary. A detailed understanding of RAF’s products, policies and procedures along with the ability to identify risks and solutions to provide client value is preferred. Ability to understand and apply various state specific requirements to loan documentation.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Able to review loan documents to ensure documents match loan terms approved by the credit department
- Basic understanding of perfection issues related to securing real and personal property collateral according to state statutes and understands how to maintain perfection of collateral including as it relates to renewals, extensions, modifications, amendments, and continuations.
- Reviews UCC searches to ensure security interest has the proper priority as required by the credit approval
- Monitors and updates collateral information to ensure accuracy and that necessary details are maintained to reduce any associated risk to RAF.
- Reviews complex loans per policies and procedures established by various departments including the Customer Relationship Team, Compliance, Legal and Risk.
- Ensures review of files to provide a high-quality document product to the Customer that accurately reflects approval conditions and company policies and procedures.
- Communicates directly with internal departments and third parties (Outside Counsel, Title Companies, Outside Document Vendor, etc.) as needed to meet all conditions of loan approval and documentation
- Maintains closing checklist for document review and captures accurate information to provide feedback to Business Development and Documentation Risk Control Manager in order to identify training needs
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager
- Assists in the training/mentoring of Customer Relationship Specialists.
- Tracks and monitors various documentation for all loans which fall within the monitoring guidelines.
- May be required to work with external parties to complete assigned tasks and resolve issues related to loans, loan documents, or collateral documents.
- Complete all mandatory training.
- Comply with code of conduct and Bank policies/ procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies and procedures and report to management immediately.
- Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understands and complies with all RAF and Rabobank anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws.
Culture and Values
- Actively and consistently demonstrate the Eight RAF Cultural Practices.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Access required. Must possess good human relation and communication skills. Needs to be able to work well under time constraints.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business reports. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standards exist.
- Must display basic understanding of, UCC ART. 9, mortgages; deed of trusts; title policies and title endorsements; a good understanding of the varied aspects of short-term agricultural credit and general agricultural background or experience in related area.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Processes information logically and is able to use the result in appropriate business applications to meet the requirements of the job. Handles normal and extraordinary situations well.
- Makes sound business decisions; understands and achieves business goals
- Reliably organizes work; works effectively and efficiently, prioritizes work and anticipates business need. Manages multiple projects simultaneously with good results.
- High level of commitment to excellent performance. Extends extra effort to ensure customers and colleagues are treated according to Rabobank standards and policies. As directed, coordinates department’s effort, within department or with other groups, to achieve departmental goals.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2-5 years of work related experience in agriculture, real estate and/or banking environment or comparable legal experience. Prior understanding of internal operations, policies and procedures preferred at the time of hire. Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills. Must be a self-starter with the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate tactfully with personnel from all areas and departments.
- Computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Access required. Must possess good human relationship and communication skills. Needs to be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have a strong desire to succeed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General knowledge of production agriculture as well as specific knowledge of law related to agricultural lending.
- Specific knowledge and experience related to attachment and perfection of security interest, e.g., lien perfection on crops, machinery and equipment and real property; supplier liens, grower liens, etc.
- Specific knowledge and experience related to title insurance and loan policies.
- Paralegal Certification.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo Diversified Services employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.