DEV/OPS Engineer IT
You are working with a team responsible for the applications and solutions that ensure all Rabobank (customers and non-customers) documents are managed effectively. You are an energetic DevOps Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional team whose primary driver is the customer perspective. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our team brings talented open minded people together for the purpose of managing and enhancing our new and existing solutions and applications while promoting shared learning and continuous growth. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is self-evident for you.
You have a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to design, develop, test, deliver and operate applications and/or infrastructure services in the scope of your team. In this role you will mostly contribute to applications maintenance, administering them and, if applicable, eventually decommissioning them.
You contribute to accomplishing the team’s mission. You do this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end. You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues. You always strive for delivering the best quality and future proof solutions.
As an engineer within IT Systems
You are a T-shaped professional and able to combine one or more technical specialties with the ability to take over basic activities of other specialists in your team (analysis, testing and development. For this opening we are looking for an OPS-Engineer with testing affinity.
You have general knowledge of software development and knowledge of the business domain that you work for. An intrinsic drive to personal development is key to success within the team. Being flexible and taking ownership forms the mind-set that is necessary for this function. Together with the team you are driving and initiating innovation.
The complexity of the job is in the constant balance between running and changing.
Contribute to our way of working
• You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the area in which you work.
• You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events (planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos).
• Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the mission, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
• You have an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and you also have functional knowledge of the Business domains.
• You are able to get all backlog items (user stories) from 'to do' to 'done'.
• You consult with the team about what is needed to fulfil the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
• Reviewing software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
• Executing tests on software usability.
• Analysing test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability.
• Preparing reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried
• Interacting with business to understand product requirements.
• Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
• You implement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remain under control.
• You perform Life Cycle Management for IT products under management
• You ensure monitoring, logging and alerting is in place to be able to operate the application and the service without interruptions
• You contribute to incident resolution, and you solve root causes
• You apply continuous delivery practices:
o Manage all resources in version-controlled repositories (code, scripts, configurations, artefacts, static resources).
o Refactor and reuse existing code/modules/functionality.
o Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive or error prone tasks.
We look for
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree or equivalent by experience.
• Hands on experience and knowledge of SQL/PLSQL and Oracle Database.
• Basic middleware knowledge is an added advantage
• Fluent written and spoken knowledge of Dutch & English.
• You are familiar with testing, including Test-Driven Development(TDD), end-to-end testing and Test Automation.
• Deep knowledge and experience with Java, Linux and Windows
• Proven knowledge of Continuous Delivery
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes in a dynamic environment.
• Strong team player skills, empowering and challenging the squad members in a constructive way.
• You have experience with working in a dynamic international environment
• Basic middleware knowledge is an added advantage
• Willing to participate in stand-by shifts
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Yearly we invest heavily in the Dutch voluntary sector. We support 1250 organisations for sports and culture, which are a second home for many people.
- In a project with Humanitas we help people with financial problems, struggling to organise their home finances.
- Together with Refugee Work Netherlands we help 1.500 refugees to find a suitable job.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between 3150 and 4500 (36 hours)
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- an Employee Benefit Budget (9 to 10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout.
- 100 % reimbursement of the costs of home/work travel if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a home/work travel allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Frontend web developer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy!
Good to know:
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact
- Rogier Wolff, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
We work with;
•Oracle WCC on Oracle Linux •Oracle WEC on Windows •ID-Scanning on Linux •Azure cloud •API’s •PostMan